Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Truth or Myth: I cannot walk into a dealership and buy a new 458.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
Truth or Myth: I cannot walk into a dealership and buy a new 458.

... unless I have purchased a couple used cars and sold them back first.

Am looking to take the plunge and get into an Italian, but I feel like the guy from that cars.com commercial.

I know I can spec a lp-560 without a problem, but can you guys shed some light? Is it just the DC dealership that has this questionable practice?

Old 12-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Oh jeez man - I live around the corner from that place... I've had mixed results walking in there. The new management (about a year or so ago) seems to be better. The general manager talked 550/575s with me one day. I never inquired about new cars, though they did insist I test drive the Maserati GranTurismo.

I have certainly heard the "Sure we have entry-level Ferraris - they're called 'used'" line before.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
My understanding is that this is pretty general practice across Ferrari dealers... Hopefully someone here knows of a dealership that doesn't play that game.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Typically that's how it works with Ferrari dealerships. You have to buy a few used cars at inflated prices first. This went on big time with the 430.

The only saving grace is that with the soft economy some dealerships might bend the rules a bit to accomodate a new buyer.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
That's stupid, let them burn to the ground, don't fix that recall.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
It is ridiculous.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:20 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
My bud bought a 458 that our dealer had a backout on. They have had several for sale. Call around or PM me and I can make a few calls. No promises but I know a few people in the Fcar biz

Old 12-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Like Brian said call/pm him or me- a few of us can help you get what you want. Personally if a dealer told me that I would NOT buy a product from that company. Thats total BS.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:46 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Ex GF's father wanted to spec a 458 prior to it coming out, he had to take home a used 430 in order to get it done.

Now that the car's out, it may be a different story. I know there was one new at the dealer in PA just less then 2 weeks ago.

Regardless, best of luck and I hope you get it!

Old 12-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Ex GF's father wanted to spec a 458 prior to it coming out, he had to take home a used 430 in order to get it done.
That's f'd up

Good luck with your search!

Quick Reply: Truth or Myth: I cannot walk into a dealership and buy a new 458.