Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Truth or Myth: I cannot walk into a dealership and buy a new 458.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
^ unless you have done previous deals with a dealership you can't walk in and spec a car. Thats what the thread is about

Old 12-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
wow nvr heard abt anything like this b4. so if u can't spec a car, wat are u gonna get if u want 1? a used car?

Old 12-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hg_wng
wow nvr heard abt anything like this b4. so if u can't spec a car, wat are u gonna get if u want 1? a used car?
You have to read the thread. You are basically repeating what all the previous pages are about.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
I doubt he can read based on his typing.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
gvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by h20skier
Our large Porsche dealer imho is worse than our Ferrari dealership here. Yes you can buy a car from them but you better spend years kissing their ass if you want them to care about you. The arrogance of the place blows my mind. With 100's of Porsche dealerships in the country and no rules like Ferrari has I'd assume they would kiss your ass more. Pathetic to say the least.
Let's just say I've had worse experiences with Porsche dealers. That said, virtually every Fcar dealer I've walked in was just obnoxiously pompous. I refuse to buy one of their cars just on principle because of the service. Lambo dealers are typically very enthusiastic, love to talk shop, the history of the company, having fun with the cars, etc.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gvan
Let's just say I've had worse experiences with Porsche dealers. That said, virtually every Fcar dealer I've walked in was just obnoxiously pompous. I refuse to buy one of their cars just on principle because of the service. Lambo dealers are typically very enthusiastic, love to talk shop, the history of the company, having fun with the cars, etc.
Our Ferrari dealership is better as I stated than our largest Porsche dealership. They are friendly to all but they are arrogant about new car purchases because they've had their pick of clients for so long.

Lambo has to be nice no one wants em

Old 12-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
gvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by h20skier
Our Ferrari dealership is better as I stated than our largest Porsche dealership. They are friendly to all but they are arrogant about new car purchases because they've had their pick of clients for so long.

Lambo has to be nice no one wants em
You're going down

Let's just say I took my Gallardo in for an alignment at a Porsche dealer (who said they could do it) over 10 weeks ago. It's still not back and the most optimistic ETA says another 5-6 weeks.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
It's a Lambo; not the space shuttle Discovery. Me thinks your local dealer is giving you the run around and/or complete idiots.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
You're going down

Let's just say I took my Gallardo in for an alignment at a Porsche dealer (who said they could do it) over 10 weeks ago. It's still not back and the most optimistic ETA says another 5-6 weeks.
hard to align something that came from the factory that way

J/K

Old 12-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Could have built a jig and aligned it yourself quicker.

Quick Reply: Truth or Myth: I cannot walk into a dealership and buy a new 458.