Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

I have a problem...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 05:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
I have a problem...

i have a scud now and i don't like how the 458 looks.
I pulled a chair up to a rosso colored 458 and stare at it for an hour, nothing. Not as emotional as i first saw my 430, 599, 612, scud, etc....
In person and in pictures, i dont like it at all, im sure it drives awesome, but it just doesnt do it for me. I even dislike the black stark interior with some carbon goodies, maybe its too new age for me, but it all look too modern and japanese, thats why i think mine will be white aka japanese if i get one.

Im sure the 458 will drive great, fast, and has already killed any FUTURE competition they might have. But the looks inside and out just dont do it for me. When i first saw my 430, i was in awe, i couldnt believe how nice and beautiful that thing looked. Maybe im spoiled, i dont feel anything when i look at the 458.
My problem is, even if i dont like how it looks, i might still get one, because IT IS the latest and greatest and all the hype that is surrounding it makes me want to have one. Now thats the power of ferrari, im definitely buying whatever they are selling. retarded but true.
i remember my 430 was the best car when new and it pretty much still is compared to cars today, but i think it also look very good.
Funny with the 458 that IT IS the best car out there for the next 5 years but i just dont like the look. I hope i get used to it soon.
Im specing it out now and really cant find any good interior combo, i think we should start a thread about interiors, because i cant do anything with the outside, but i will try to make the inside as hot as a scud.

sidetrack, i saw a new white 599 HGTE with black rims and black/suede/leather with white stitching that is so hot it isnt funny. I hope i can make a 458 interior that hot but in RED.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Tristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura about
I'm warming up to it and you might find that you do to. I think its usually the things that you really dont like at first that you end up liking the most. This was the case for me with Panerai watches. I remember everyone always talking them up here and I just thought 'but they are so plain whats so good about them :\' but now I love them the most. You might find that this is the same for the 458. I'm very slowly warming up to it and what probably got me interested in it were some good pictures and actually some drive by videos. It really does look nice in motion and it sounds great. Although, the 430 Scud is by far my favourite Ferrari and i would probably have a Scud over a 458.

IMO it looks like a lizard lol.

Last edited by Tristan; 06-30-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:19 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Get it in white if your going for the Japanese "theme", but it has to be in Bianco Fuji.
For the interior spec everything in nero alacantara, sport seats ala scud, red stitching, red centres in alacantara as well and get the seatbelts in RED so that they really pop out.

Exterior go for the Diamond finish 5 spoke wheels in anthracite and have the brake callipers done in rosso corsa. I dont know if it looks that good but see it on the configurator and yeah im with you with the 599 bit its easy to configure a nice one but with the 458 the front bumper isnt aggressive enough for me.

but if it was my car I would do it in some light blue like Azzuro Monaco, Azzuro California or the other light blue ferrari shades with a navy/creme theme for the interior and contrasting stitching something of a conservative classy look for the mid engined ferrari.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 06-30-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute

This will be a cool interior combo. Red/Black do the black in alcantara! White stitcing, white rev counter, white exterior. Red calipers, black centercap, black wheels. Extras: white horses in the head rests

Old 06-30-2010, 06:42 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic

This will be a cool interior combo. Red/Black do the black in alcantara! White stitcing, white rev counter, white exterior. Red calipers, black centercap, black wheels. Extras: white horses in the head rests
Its quiet similar to his Scud interior except he has red alacantara as apposed to leather.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
Q8 Engineer is a splendid one to beholdQ8 Engineer is a splendid one to beholdQ8 Engineer is a splendid one to beholdQ8 Engineer is a splendid one to beholdQ8 Engineer is a splendid one to beholdQ8 Engineer is a splendid one to beholdQ8 Engineer is a splendid one to beholdQ8 Engineer is a splendid one to beholdQ8 Engineer is a splendid one to beholdQ8 Engineer is a splendid one to beholdQ8 Engineer is a splendid one to behold
Well , i dont have any thing to say more than i am 100% agree with you ......

because i feel that the scuderia is the man & the 458 is his wife !!!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 06:47 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
the third pic is in Munich cool

At first I hated the 458 as well....
now that I got to understand the car more and know how the parts and design serve the purpose of optimal performance,I actually do like it....a bit....but only because it performs so well

F430 Scud >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 458 !

Old 06-30-2010, 06:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond repute
That is such a big problem ^^ I will join mean machine, you should get an other color for your 458 than red.

Perhaps you like your scud so much that you don't want the 458 to have your favority? I agree that the scud is amazingly agressive good looking. Thus choose a kind of color for the 458 that tell you this is not your racing beast even if it handles better than the scud!

Old 06-30-2010, 06:58 AM
AMGFanatic
I just fiddled with the configuration, imo Grigio medio over black with red centres, scud seats, red stitching and red seatbelt, red speedo gauge, red carpets and red brake calipers for me is the best. I think the 599 GTO suites you, trade in your 599 and get yourself a GTO and wait for the scud version or challenge 458 as it doesnt cut the mustard for you as I've noticed from your post. Only get something which you LOVE.

Then again why get a 458 if you've got a scuderia, its like comparing Adriana Lima to Sarah jessica parker lol

Last edited by MeanMachine; 06-30-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:06 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I just fiddled with the configuration, imo Grigio medio over black with red centres, scud seats, red stitching and red seatbelt, red speedo gauge, red carpets and red brake calipers for me is the best. I think the 599 GTO suites you, trade in your 599 and get yourself a GTO and wait for the scud version or challenge 458 as it doesnt cut the mustard for you as I've noticed from your post. Only get something which you LOVE.

Then again why get a 458 if you've got a scuderia, its like comparing Adriana Lima to Sarah jessica parker lol
LOL
exactly!

+1 on the 599GTO

as the OP stated,all the hype and...well everyone who has the money willl get a 458...it might be like a fish in the sea of exotics..

but a 599GTO.....totally different level of ballin

Quick Reply: I have a problem...