Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Design flaw on Scud's front rims/brakes !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 04:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
Design flaw on Scud's front rims/brakes !!!

well, it seems like small pebbles got stuck between the calipers and the inner rim and scratching a thin fine line down the middle of my inner rims!! I have these nasty scars on both of the front wheels!
Since the rear discs are much smaller so it wasnt affected.
I never go off road and has never had this happened on my 2 other 430s with carbon and novitec BBKs, the scud's brakes are so huge that u can only slide a sheet or two papers thru the gap between the top of the caliper and inner rim face. This is really unfortunate, because my immaculate scud is now scarred, i only have 1,200 miles and now this.
i seen this exact problem on gallardos, but not ours.

I cleaned the inside rims and i am now really worried about driving it, because there is just not enough space between these parts for the smallest of pebbles.
Im gonna bring it to the dealer soon and hope they upgrade me to 20" 16M/458 ones which i think its the ONLY solution, or atleast give me new rims!! Very pi$$ed right now.

Similar issue with the gallardos :

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/inde...tched%20wheels

Hoping someone can tell me what they think is going on. I have a couple of emails out to Lambo but obviously won't hear anything until later this week given the holiday. See the attached pictures. This recently started--pictures are of the front passenger side rim. Looks like there are 2 tracks. I initially thought that a pebble got caught or something but there are 2 distinct lines. If you look closely on the calipers I think I see the contact spots. What are your thoughts? Likelihood I can get this fixed under warranty (I need to ship the car out for service shortly anyway).

Here are the pix. Let me know if there are others I need to take for more closeups...

Two Grooves on rim:

same rock issue, like i think i have on mine :

" I'm just back in from a little drive around town.
One front wheel just scratched. The scratch is about 1cm width, almost all around the inner rim.
I'm running calistos with the carbon break.
The technician told me on the phone that they already know this problem. He said, last time, they pulled a stone out, which got stuck behind the calpiler.
This makes sense to me, because I did no hard braking at all today nor is the scratch around the whole wheel. It looks like the scratch fades around the wheel. "

Last edited by johnsgt; 06-17-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:25 AM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, if the scratch is noticeable in pictures I can only imagine in person how noticeable it is. Ferrari or the dealership should fix this. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Take some pics of the damage to the caliper too, I'm really curious to see what it looks like.

Hope you get it resolved one way or another, good luck.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Isnt this the case with all brakes which are very close to the wheel?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
If everything still works fine, just keep driving the hell out of it.

But good luck getting it repaired. If Ferrari is aware of the problem already with other customer car, they ought to take care of it.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Hmmmm Im starting to worry now. Should check on mine!!!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnsgt
well, it seems like small pebbles got stuck between the calipers and the inner rim and scratching a thin fine line down the middle of my inner rims!! I have these nasty scars on both of the front wheels!
Since the rear discs are much smaller so it wasnt affected.
I never go off road and has never had this happened on my 2 other 430s with carbon and novitec BBKs, the scud's brakes are so huge that u can only slide a sheet or two papers thru the gap between the top of the caliper and inner rim face. This is really unfortunate, because my immaculate scud is now scarred, i only have 1,200 miles and now this.
i seen this exact problem on gallardos, but not ours.

I cleaned the inside rims and i am now really worried about driving it, because there is just not enough space between these parts for the smallest of pebbles.
Im gonna bring it to the dealer soon and hope they upgrade me to 20" 16M/458 ones which i think its the ONLY solution, or atleast give me new rims!! Very pi$$ed right now.
Don't see them handing out new 20" rims for a few scratches. Hopefully they help with something. Keep driving it, its only the inside of the rim.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
Im sure we all deserve to drive our scuds without leaving deep/non-correctable scratches in our wheels.
I have no track where im from and car only has 1,200 miles since new. It will look horrible when i reach 10k miles, not that it isnt now.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Be right back.... got to go check something