Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

458 Italia - "Supercar of the Year" and "Car of the Year" by Top Gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009 | 06:32 AM
|
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
458 Italia - "Supercar of the Year" and "Car of the Year" by Top Gear

This year 458 Italia won not only "Supercar of the Year" title, but "Car of the Year" title by UK Top Gear magazine.

In thier "Supercar of the Year" contest they described 458 Italia as game changing car and the that the car established new benchmark in getting from point A to point B as rapidly as possible.

In their "Car of the Year" contest they descirebed the car as isn’t just a worthy winner, it’s off the scale and said that the car is our winner because the scope of its abilities is absolutely breathtaking.

Anyone from UK to scan that article and post it here? UK mags are hard to find in some countries and even if they are they are coming about a month.

Few nice pics I have just found are coming as a bonus:

Old 12-04-2009 | 06:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
I have the latest Evo here and they picked the Lotus Evora as their COTY. Kind of bummed the 458 didn't come out in time to be a part of the Evo test. TG mag is cool but not as good as Evo.

Old 12-04-2009 | 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I think the 458 is a great car but I'd hardly call it game changing. Then again, what do I know?

Old 12-04-2009 | 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
I would consider it game changing for the fact that it taken technology already in use(dual clutch trans, direct injection, etc.) to the next level and truth be told...ferrari's base V8 models have long served as the benchmark for other manufacturers from as far back as the NSX to the LP560-4 and new McLaren. So why shouldn't it be given its due.

Old 12-04-2009 | 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
There is a place in Japantown here in SF that gets that magazine, I will try to swing by and pick it up to scan the article for you.

I look forward to seeing the cars appearance on the show...

Old 12-06-2009 | 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
I would consider it game changing for the fact that it taken technology already in use(dual clutch trans, direct injection, etc.) to the next level and truth be told...ferrari's base V8 models have long served as the benchmark for other manufacturers from as far back as the NSX to the LP560-4 and new McLaren. So why shouldn't it be given its due.
FERRARI WHORE!!! U are I keed, I keed but honestly I don't know about it being a game changer but I'm sure it's another great car that replaces the F430 (only Ferrari I've ever been fond of ).

As for the looks department meh to me, maybe when the bring out the stradale/scuderia version they'll add some visual anger to the car, looks very soft to me

Old 12-06-2009 | 02:11 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ThePorscheGuy is on a distinguished roadThePorscheGuy is on a distinguished road
Seems like it's going to be a really good car. Not too sold on the design yet but I think I'm actually starting to like it...

Old 12-07-2009 | 03:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
I don't blame them. Maybe in the 15th season there will be a showdown of the Ferrari 458 Italia, SLS AMG Gullwing, LFA and MP4-12C?

Old 12-07-2009 | 05:30 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
in the new episode of the german car magazine GRIP, the host (a famous german race driver) also called it the best car he has ever driven.

for me the design just doesnt do it, it looks like an inbred gallardo...

Last edited by sinan; 12-07-2009 at 05:33 AM.