Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

Don Aronow Memorial Race Around Long Island: OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Don Aronow Memorial Race Around Long Island: OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD

"The 271 mile Don Aronow Memorial Around Long Island Marathon. September 18th. Wet and dry pits are at Guy LaMotta's, Manhasset Bay Marina in Port Washington NY.

Start of the race is on the north side of the island and turns at Montauk to the ocean side. Finish is back off Port Washington where it started.

Refueling is allowed for those that need it. Current record stands at a little more than 3 hours......can you beat that?

Don himself raced in this race many times. This race has been won by boats from a 17 foot outboard to the latest and sleekest race boats of their day"

Stu Hayim says he will "kiss someones bare ass at LaMotta's" if they can beat his record...and donate money to a charity to boot...

I will be there thursday (some boats arriving), Friday, and of course, Saturday taking pictures that I WILL POST HERE.

The Mini Hawk will be on the dock those days, also.

Come on down, meet me and enjoy the wonderful sight of these powerboats for a fun weekend!
Name:  DA Around LI Race '100001.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  225.7 KB

Don't forget this is Old School racing....the race starts at 8AM Saturday....so that means the boats leave the marina at 7:30AM.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:21 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds pretty sweet actually.

How come you're not participating in the event with the MiniHawk?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Sounds pretty sweet actually.

How come you're not participating in the event with the MiniHawk?
My boat is way too small to run offshore around Long Island. I could run along the coast closer to shore but safety and gas is an issue. However, it will be on the docks.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Saturday is actually a holiday for some, Sam take good quality pics, borrow a good camera.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by DJ
Saturday is actually a holiday for some, Sam take good quality pics, borrow a good camera.
True. I will take lots of pictures. The boats should be arriving tomorrow and I will spend tomorrow and saturday taking pictures of everything. Will be there all day. I got an: 8.2mp Kodak with great quality pictures. I have many memory cards all empty and ready to go.
Im all set!