Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011 | 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
That's a little bit high.

Old 01-10-2011 | 06:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
This is easy to explain. They don't have the actual cars for sale the have allocations for sale

Nobody has the actual cars for sale.

As to the allocations, I understand Lamborghini are being very strict even with their dealers for the first cars, requiring customer history etc. So I'm not saying it couldn't happen, that somebody will flip through Singen, but for that you'd expect them to want a decent price premium.

More likely this is just Singen generating interest.

Old 01-10-2011 | 09:55 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Autoblog notes CEO Stephan Winkelmann and head of R&D Maurizio Reggiani spoke briefly about the Murciélago successor at a Sunday evening event outside of Cobo Hal.
Winkelmann's said he wants it to be "the trendsetter of the next decade." The main points:
  • Cues: the 834 will have all the traditional modern Lamborghini cues, meaning all-wheel drive, scissor doors and prominent air intakes. Winkelmann said it would be revolutionary but recognizable, and that its inspiration has come from the military (not unlike the military-aircraft inspired Reventon)
  • Chassis: "Stiffness and lightness are the words to remember," said Winkelmann, and the company has planted its flag on the battleground known as "power-to-weight." The body-in-white is 229 kilograms, torsional stiffness is 35,000 Newton-Meters/degree and it has been homologated worldwide already. The entire monocoque cell is carbon fiber – the tub is a Lamborghini-developed process patented by the company as RTM (Resin Transfer Molded) Lambo, a slightly different process than standard RTM, the A- and B-Pillars and rocker panels are braided carbon fiber, and the roof is prepreg carbon fiber. The RTM Lambo process has been developed in conjunction with its work with Boeing and the University of Washington.
  • Engine: The new 6.5-liter V12 has 18 percent more power but emits 20 percent less CO2 – 398 g/km – than the 6.5-liter V12 in the now-discontinued Murciélago. It develops 700 horsepower at 8,450 rpm and 509 pound-feet at 5,500 rpm; although displacement is the same, the bore and stroke have been changed to provide better acceleration and smoother, more elastic power delivery in stop-and-go traffic.
  • Transmission: The 834 uses a seven-speed, single-clutch transmission developed and patented by Lamborghini as ISR (Independent Shifting Rod) and built by Graziano. A single clutch was chosen because it is 20 kilograms lighter than a dual clutch and, said Reggiani, "You have to have the drop in torque so you feel like you're shifting, to give the emotion." There will be five shift modes: Auto, Auto Strada ('strada' being for comfort), Strada, Sport and Corsa. The gearbox's syncros can disengage one gear as they're engaging the next, so shift times in Corsa will be 50 milliseconds (Formula 1 is about 40 ms), 150 ms in Sport, and 300 ms in Auto Strada.
  • Suspension: According to Lamborghini, the 834 will mark the first time a pushrod suspension with horizontal dampers appears on a production car. The setup will keep the wheel in perfect alignment throughout the range of suspension travel.
  • Brakes: There will be 400 mm carbon discs up front, 380 mm in back, and it will have an electronic parking brake.
  • Interior: There will, of course, be improved roominess all around, the driving position is now dead ahead and not skewed to the right, and the dash cluster is a single, large TFT screen.
  • Safety: The 834 will have passive pedestrian protection, four front airbags and two side airbags
Source AUTOBLOG

Old 01-10-2011 | 10:33 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
The 834 ? Is that the production name for the Aventador ?

Old 01-10-2011 | 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
NeroNemesis is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

I get the feeling that the Aventador does not feature the two bulbs in the headlights that gave the Murciélago it's distinct look...

IMHO the Aventador should be a evolution of the Murcielago, not just a new model like ferrari keeps doing. I think it would've been cool if it looked like a Murciélago, but also like a totally different car. And the headlights would've done the job.
I understand that the "Y" shaped lights are now Lamborghini's thing. but they might have combined it together...

I hope you guys understand what I mean, It really were the headlights that did it for me on the Murciélago (and the sound). And that if they took all those renders that we've seen passing by in this thread, and pictured them with those charismatic lightbulbs that the Murciélago had. It would've been an amazing new astonishing car, but really with the Murciélago feel to it, and expression.

Maybe it is just me who wants this, maybe I'm to big of a fan of the Murciélago.
I don't know, and I've got too many things to say about this (especially the head lights), but I'd like to hear other peoples opinion on this.
About in what measure it should be like a son (or father, whatever) of the Murciélago. Or if Lamborghini should just make a entirely new car that has sort of the same specifications as the murci (wide, low, V12, etc.)

Let the criticism commence !

Wilco

Old 01-10-2011 | 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NeroNemesis
Or if Lamborghini should just make a entirely new car that has sort of the same specifications as the murci (wide, low, V12, etc.)

Guess what, this is exactely what the new Lambo will be. I for one think it's definitely time for an entirely ne Lambo.

Last edited by Ludas; 01-10-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-10-2011 | 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
NeroNemesis is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ludas
Guess what, this is exactely what the new Lambo will be. I for one think it's definitely time for an entirely ne Lambo.
I understand,

but what I basically meant is that the headlights of a car are like a face. And they can look happy or sad or macho or wuddevah. And I really liked the mean look the murcielago had in his eyes, imo that basically defined the car.

And I think that it would be cool, if it would be visible by the look in the aventador's eyes, that it belongs in the "flagship" blood line of lamborghini.

Old 01-16-2011 | 06:36 AM
Teamspeed Member
Spadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the rough
found this, looks like it might just be a re-colour of a previous render though:

Attached Images  

Last edited by Spadge1976; 01-16-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-16-2011 | 06:37 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Is the color invisible ? Cause I cant see shit !

Old 01-16-2011 | 06:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good. Probably pretty close to the real deal but most likely not an official picture.

Quick Reply: Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4