Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Will GT2 RS wheels fit the Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:36 AM
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
Will GT2 RS wheels fit the Turbo?

I'm planning on adding the front fender flares as well as the GT2 RS rims on my Turbo.
1- The rear GT2 RS wheel is 19x12. Will this fit on the stock tire that is wrapped around the Turbo's 19x11 centerlock wheel?
2- Will all 4 wheels fit on the Turbo?

Old 02-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
My mistake. The fronts and rears are the same size as the stock turbo. Anyway, I ordered the parts so I will just update this thread in a couple of weeks with pics.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond repute
gt2 rs has 325 30 19's. turbo has 305 30 19s. the wheels will fit no problem, but the stock turbo tires will look streched on a 12" rim

Old 02-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Steve is correct.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Thanks for the head's up. I'll order some tires then.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond repute
which tires are you going with ? the OEM tires on the gt2 rs are cup tires. are you comfortable with that ? they will not last very long, and are quite loud. i personally have cup tires on my turbo, and i love them, and dont care for the sacrifice in sound or tread life.
if you do, look into the michelin ps2, or the bridgestone potenza's
dont forget to get the front as well (245 35 19)
the car will look GREAT !!
have you lowered it yet ?

Tire Search Results

Old 02-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Steve,
I haven't lowered the car yet. I'm trying to decide what's the best solution for that.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:44 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
i've seen some guys running bilstein damptronics, what other coilovers are on offer for the .2 TT?

Old 02-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
you can just get some techart springs, but if you have really bad OCD like i do, then there is no option but a set of coilovers.

just go vie you an example of how bad my problem is, my car has had its ride height adjusted about 13/14 times since ive owned it, and ive done so many alignments that i had to replace the rear subframe because the bolts that control the rear camber warped the metal surroundings on the subframe

Old 02-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
TT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura about
It will look so good.

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Do a centerlock conversion in yellow to match the pccb's and run GT2 RS wheels. Should consider putting on the GT2 RS front bumper too.

Quick Reply: Will GT2 RS wheels fit the Turbo?