Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

AP RG RBII or Richard Mille WG RM11

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008 | 10:30 AM
|
Former Sponsor
SoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond repute
AP RG RBII or Richard Mille WG RM11

I am having a hard time decided between the two. I love the RM11 since it is a large modern watch but for me, the problem is that it comes from a 7 year old company with no real history, a past glitch with the movement and is something that is not a classic when spending this much money. The RBII in RG is a watch I can not find an issue with other then I am paying almost double for no reason at all since AP is the popular brand right now.

So which would you take? The overpriced RBII or RM11?

Old 07-02-2008 | 10:31 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Ap Rg Rb11.

Old 07-02-2008 | 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
mono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura about
tough decision, but if I had to pick I would go with the RBII, the AP market seems to be holding very well and the demand is through the roof...

Old 07-02-2008 | 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
if you plan on wearing it often, get the RM without question. They are the most comfortable watches in the world.

There's no real comparison in my mind.

Old 07-02-2008 | 02:41 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
RM is nice and the AP is also nice

RBII in titanium is light and easy to wear but if you have a small wrist beware, the RM is more comfortable by far even though I have never owned one I have tried on many and have had many AP's to compare it too.

Old 07-02-2008 | 02:53 PM
|
Former Sponsor
SoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond reputeSoundEarphones has a reputation beyond repute
I do plan on wearing it through my weekly cycle of watches. I know the comfort on the RM wins out, I tried on the RM11 in titanium and I forgot it was on my wrist.

I like the RBII in titanium but something is drawing me to the RG version, I have tried on the TI and it fits my wrist so I just need to decide between the two. Does anyone think AP is going to come out with the RBIII? I know that was the rumor and they made him his own piece but that was about it.

Old 07-02-2008 | 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
all signs point to an RBIII at some point.

Old 07-02-2008 | 03:11 PM
|
Former Sponsor
So I guess my excuse could be to buy the RM now and then when the RBIII comes out pick it up hopefully at or near retail.

Old 07-02-2008 | 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by MichaelM
when the RBIII comes out pick it up hopefully at or near retail.
good luck with that one!

If you do get the 11, get the rubber strap.

EDIT: what about an RM010 and an RBII Ti?

Old 07-02-2008 | 03:23 PM
|
Former Sponsor
I know, I can always dream of the day I can buy a limited ap at retail...

I would get the rubber strap for the 11. I am not a fan of the RM10 for some reason, it is a little basic for me in terms movement, not that I use the chrono or any other movement but I like having it. I would consider the RBII in TI if someone was selling it.

Last edited by SoundEarphones; 07-02-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply: AP RG RBII or Richard Mille WG RM11