Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Watch suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Watch suggestions

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some suggestions for my watch-hunting.

I'm looking to get one that's up to $100k for special occasions. The one that I liked most is Patek Philippe 5496p. I attached a photo of it. Any other recommendations are highly appreciated. I'm thinking of sticking with Patek on this one because I've never owned one, but of course I'm not very strict about it unless I find something I liked better.

Also I'm looking to get one or two more which is/are more daily and casual. My limit on those are $50k for two and $30k for one watch.

I was thinking Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time, IWC Big Pilot Perpetual Top Gun, IWC Top Gun Chronograph and AP Gentleman's Driver on that category.

And also I am looking to get a fancy box to keep my watches in, any recommendations about that?

Thanks in advance,

S.

Attached Images  

Last edited by salihbjk; 11-27-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
For a daily I would go for a AP RO or a IWC BigPilot...
I would stick with a Patek but the 5496 does not really work for me, I would save a little $$$ and go for the regulator. It is new and very special in both movement and material… PP are using lots of pieces that were tested on the limited edition 5550 (http://www.worldtempus.com/en/news/t...nced-research/)

This is the 5235 (Regulator)

Last edited by GrayTT; 11-27-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
5235 seems nice but didn't really do it for me. 5550p seems nice though, a little pricier than 5496p. 5550p is a limited edition of how many?

And I already have an AP Panda, so I'm not actually wanting the AP as much. IWC can be a better choice. Any other brands?

Old 11-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of light
For daily:

JLC AMVOX 5

Zenith EL Primero Stratos

Cyrus Klepsys

Panerai 8 days

Old 11-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by salihbjk
5235 seems nice but didn't really do it for me. 5550p seems nice though, a little pricier than 5496p. 5550p is a limited edition of how many?
I posted the link for a reason

Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by salihbjk
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some suggestions for my watch-hunting.

I'm looking to get one that's up to $100k for special occasions. The one that I liked most is Patek Philippe 5496p. I attached a photo of it. Any other recommendations are highly appreciated. I'm thinking of sticking with Patek on this one because I've never owned one, but of course I'm not very strict about it unless I find something I liked better.

Also I'm looking to get one or two more which is/are more daily and casual. My limit on those are $50k for two and $30k for one watch.

I was thinking Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time, IWC Big Pilot Perpetual Top Gun, IWC Top Gun Chronograph and AP Gentleman's Driver on that category.

And also I am looking to get a fancy box to keep my watches in, any recommendations about that?

Thanks in advance,

S.
Your choices sound excellent except for the PP. I agree with GrayTT that there are other PP's that I prefer for the money. Your other choices are perfect though. The only other brand I personally would consider is JLC. They are more plain looking but have amazing complications and history.
I have the AP diver myself, and love it.
By the way, you should get the F1 band on your panda, makes it look and fit so much better.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
What kind of PP's would you suggest? I have seen and tried some but liked the feel and looks of 5496p best actually.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
PP's are out of my price range for now, so I don't know them well enough to tell you the model numbers. I just know that I have seen many in person at the stores that looked amazing. The one you like is very nice but not amazing.
Some other guys who know more, will have to answer this.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thank you

Originally Posted by zzzspeed
PP's are out of my price range for now, so I don't know them well enough to tell you the model numbers. I just know that I have seen many in person at the stores that looked amazing. The one you like is very nice but not amazing.
Some other guys who know more, will have to answer this.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
By the way, you should get the F1 band on your panda, makes it look and fit so much better.
I couldn't find an image of that F1 band actually, but I couldn't be sure if I'm looking at the right thing. Can you share an image please?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Watch suggestions