Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Time Piece by dmh

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 03:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Time Piece by dmh

I got a few PMs regarding my thoughts on the dmh Jump Hour that I picked up recently … so here it is
After reading Blake Buettner’s (TS member ctzn) article on dmh (Getting to Know d.m.h. watches: Hand-Made, Custom-Tailored, Affordable, and Oh So Cool — HODINKEE - Wristwatch News, Reviews, & Original Stories ) and the story behind Fred Dingemans (About | d.m.h. – dingemans mechanische horloges ) I made up my mind to go ahead and get the Jump Hour.
I contacted Fred in Jan 2011 to place the order and was told that there is a 14 month waiting period and that he can only make one to one and a half watches a month. Placed my deposit a week later only to have Fred come back to me and say that now it will take 18 month due to the fact that a few people transferred their deposits before me, which was fine… I was not in a rush.

Hands-On with the d.m.h. Jump Hour on Vimeo

Sure enough after 18 months Fred contacted me and asked me how I would like my watch customized… what is on the menu?
He makes three models and I went for the Jump Hour
The material for the dial I picked titanium
The dial design, I went with the 7day week window and “small” second indicator hole with larger ones for the 5 second intervals
Hands (only a seconds hand in my case) “copper” for me with a red tip
He had different colored straps with different leather

After finalizing the watch Fred kept updating me regarding the progress via email which I thought was amazing!!!!!! Here are a few of the photos…

Name:  R0018427.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  95.5 KB

Case

Name:  R0018439.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  90.2 KB

Name:  R0018429.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  84.0 KB

Name:  R0018433.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  50.3 KB

The dial

Name:  R0018452.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  74.5 KB

Name:  R0018444.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  79.9 KB

Seconds hand

Putting it together

Name:  R0018455.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  131.3 KB

Name:  R0018467.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  58.9 KB

After completion of the piece and full payment I had a friend pick it up and bring it over to Bahrain. And now after some wrist time, I am loving it even more!!! The watch is solid and sits nicely on the wrist, I got the hang of the time display and can read it easily (was a little odd at the beginning)… the leather strap is a little soft for my liking but this can easily be remedied.

Name:  3D43028A-062C-45BB-8DD5-BAFE0A18A51E-1508-0000016427347782.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  351.0 KB

Last edited by GrayTT; 11-03-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
very coool

Old 11-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Hhmmmm, yes very cool,

but, how do you tell time Hani ?

Old 11-03-2012, 05:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
OK, I have seen the video, it´s a very cool piece. What price range is it?

Old 11-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
The price starts at around €2,200
Now he makes 24 piece a year and has a 3 year waiting list...

Old 11-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by GrayTT
The price starts at around €2,200
Now he makes 24 piece a year and has a 3 year waiting list...
Very good price! But long waiting list, glad you got yours my friend

I´ll buy it from you when you are ready.......

Old 11-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of light
just received e-mail from Fred, waiting time is 40 months....

Old 11-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow.. didn't know the story behind it, but its awesome

Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by gr1zly
just received e-mail from Fred, waiting time is 40 months....
Do it!!!! It's worth the wait

Old 11-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The long wait makes an great surprise when it´s ready and I bet the value has gone up during the waiting

Quick Reply: Time Piece by dmh