Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Bumblebee

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Bumblebee

Allow me first to thank you all for your guidance, opinions, and patience.
I think my first real life encounter with the Bumblebee was around March 2011. At the local boutique, I probably was there asking about the new 44mm Black version ROO, when they told me they had a Bumblebee and presented it to me. I distinctly remember my cousin flipping out on it, who to this day thinks it's the "sexiest" watch out there. Personally, I was taken aback by the carbon case, first time I saw one, and I "liked" the Ceramic bezel. I remember thinking it was too glossy, though. Also, felt it looked smaller than the rest of the 42 ROOs.

I had my ROO Panda at the time, and the thought of trading it for a BB never crossed my mind. This has remained true until I bought my GPC to celebrate my daughter's birth. One year later, and the Panda/GPC for my AP along with my Rolex rotation (GMTII, Daytona, YM) seemed too influenced, much of the focus on RED. In fact, all those watches have red accents to different extents. None of the watches were bought "because" there was red, I only realized it actually once I had them all. It was time to mix things up.

Many of you will have tracked my search. The misdirections from IWC and JLC most prominent. They never won me over like the Bumblebee.
The ceramic bezel plays a HUGE role in terms of functionality. I'm a guy who wears the hell out of his watches. Save for the gym, I take them everywhere. As a teacher, I have had chalk all over them, heard the bangs off my desk; as a car nut, I had them rub the metals of the engines, doors; doing house work; cook with them, and so on.

The thought of having two "black" watches seemed just as redundant as two "red" watches, but the combination altogether (carbon ceramic yellow) made me realize this was it. The bracelets of the Rollies and different dials complement the wardrobe and weekly purposes, I was set.
Blue will be introduced into the collection via the Pepsi insert for my GMTII (coke). Thus, this is going to be fun.

I will review the ownership of the Bumblebee across the next few days as I plan to have it, solely, on my wrist to make up for lost time! I was disappointed actually during my search that there were no "real" reviews of the Bumble with pics in different lights and situations. I hope to change that!

THANK YOU once again.

Attached Images        
Old 06-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Ali. Keep doin' what you're doin' man!

Old 06-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!! This'll go nicely with your 355!

Old 06-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Let there be light!

I have always believed that a watch can never be judged until seen in the sunlight. Artificial light never ever compares. Sometimes, it spices a dial up, sometimes it ruins the shades, takes away from the brushed/polished levels. In short, they never do the trick.

Thus, here are some pictures I snapped randomly on my first outing with the watch in the sun.
I am linking those from imageshack because I wanted high res, took them with my Galaxy Note (huge 3000 pixels) and resized to 1600 pixels.

The carbon case looks flat black under artificial light, with the glossy ceramic on top of it. In the sun, totally different prospect. 1000 words and all that, so:

The ceramic bezel is just ridiculous to me coming from a Stainless steel. I just laughed when I noticed a smear and wiped it with my finger no less and it just vanished. AWESOME. The gloss effect will take some getting used to, but it works with the screws and the gloss/reflective borders of the dial's components.
I like how the dial is captured here: motif layered as if 3D effect with the yellow popping at you. But it is the best I could snap of the bezel to highlight it.

The YELLOW pops. Unlike in the press/official photos where the black motif is highlighted, the yellow inner ring with the numerals just pop. Not like in a 3D effect sort of way, but no matter the lighting it is never dull. A worry of mine washed away. Will it work with everything? Obviously I thought so before I got it. Now? I think it works with everything except .. pink?

Layers, degrees, and shades are hard to be captured in a photo. In this pic I tried to get the marbley feel of the case with the gloss of the bezel along with the pop of the yellow. Humbly think the thing I couldn't get was the gloss, otherwise I think it shows how the watch wears in real life.

Motif is almost grey, sometimes gloss black. Others, grey.
The case/bezel combo in this pic is NOT how it looks like most of the time. They almost look in harmonious shades here. They are not!

The strap is not something I am a huge fan of due to the hornback style. It should be a much sportier version IMHO, which is why I had the Singapore F1 on my Panda.
For the Bumblebee, I now see that the yellow stitch is not too much. It is an extra, not an integral part of the watch. I am impartial to it.
Yes, the hornback strap is stiff.
I previously thought a grey stitch would work (like the RB2 strap) but now I am not sure.
I would imagine a drilled, smooth strap, with black stitch (if any) with YELLOW soft 'cloth feel' underhide (under the strap?) will be out of this world.

More situations and pics to follow, I hope!
Any specific requests are welcome.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, that's another fantastic piece!

Last edited by Speed888; 06-09-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Shoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enough
Congrats, a very cool looking Watch.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Ali !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally it Happened

Indeed A Sexy watch !

Old 06-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Mabrook! One of my favorite APs. Wear it in good health.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, i've always liked the BB!

Old 06-09-2012, 11:25 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
oh my god!!!

you really got it!!

I`m so happy for you,you won`t believe it!

It looks stunning on your wrist and considering the points you made about the way you deal with watches I`m sure it`ll keep you happy for a long long time!!
enjoy it!
but never ever wear it at the gym,..would be a drama if a stupid dumbell or something hurt that beauty

"Do want!!"

Last edited by ECB; 06-09-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Bumblebee