Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Help with dive watch.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
newbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond repute
Help with dive watch.

Hey Everyone,
I'm starting to get into free-diving. I'm gonna be taking a few classes to learn all techniques and safety info to dive to 65ft then a class for 120ft. For you that don't know free-diving is diving with only oxygen you can store in your lungs. Anyways I would like to find a sporty looking watch that has a depth chronograph that will go around 120ft down. Any Ideas? I found a Citizens that caught my eye just figured I would see if anyone else knew of anything.
Thanks
Kevin

Old 05-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Lucky dive watches seem to be a very popular segment, and there are a lot of options. I admit to not knowing much about water resistance and how it's rated. It's odd to me that a watch rated for 50 meters is suggested to only be used in a shower or wading pool. I would look into how much WR you need and be sure that the watch you are looking at is rated specifically for diving. Also, what price range?

Old 05-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
newbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond repute
1500 or less, I know its not allot for a watch but I want to keep price down. I need to be able to read 120 ft down. I would prefer a analog style. Not a big fan of digital. That's all I have found that caught my eye so far. Keep in mind my wrist is about 8" around so I would like a bigger case. 48-52
Citizen BJ2115-07E - Eco-drive Aqualand Depth Meter Chronograph

Thanks again!

Old 05-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bump... anybody?

Old 05-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Was going to throw out DOXA as I think you can get them used for cheap but there's a rather strict list of requirements that you have, and that Citizen is probably going to be the best bang for your buck for what you want. It looks way rad!

Old 05-31-2012, 07:29 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Nixon.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
This

Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
stuhubb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!stuhubb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!stuhubb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!stuhubb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!stuhubb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!stuhubb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!stuhubb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!stuhubb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!stuhubb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!stuhubb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!stuhubb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Look at the NFW Viperfish

NFW

Old 06-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks everyone!

Old 06-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Speed888
This
This is <1500 USD?

Quick Reply: Help with dive watch.