Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your top 5

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 02:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
brim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of light
Cool thread, I spent way too much time thinking about this. My first inclination was to think about 5 watches that are all within my reach (capping at under 40k/each). I also feel I need diversity in my collection given how I use each piece. For me a watch really needs to match my intended usage for the day (and clothing choices). Personally, I prefer automatics, as I can set them on the winder and pick them up when I'm ready to wear one. Here is my somewhat reasonable list.

super5

1. The Perpetual - IWC Portuguese Perpetual (WG). I love the Portuguese and this is the only thing that would make me let go of my automatic.
2. The Dual Time - A Lange Sohne Saxonia Dual Time(WG). I travel a lot and would have to have a A Lange Sohne, so this is the one for me.
3. The All-Arounder - AP RO (new 41mm). Classic and easy to wear with anything.
4. The Pilot - IWC Miramar chrono. I don't wear chronographs to work, but I sure as hell love this piece for everyday wear.
5. The Modern One - Blancpain L-Evolution Super Trofeo. I love the fusion of titanium, carbon, and alcantara. It's a great piece that is pretty versatile for everyday wear / driving.

If money were no object, which it is. I'd still follow the same prinicipals, but would spend a bit more. Staying under $100k/each.

unobtainium

1. The Zeitwerk in Platinum is just amazing.
2. The Patek 5146p is possibly the best annual calendar ever made.
3. Vacheron 1921 is a pure classic driving watch.
4. IWC Miramar chrono stays on the list for my favorite pilot.
5. AP ROO Diver in Carbon. A modern twist on the diver, not too ROO for me and perfect color for a weekend watch.

Last edited by brim; 06-03-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
saw the Miramar the other day in real life, was disappointed with the hue of the watch overall

Old 06-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Totally easy

Not in any particular order
Jennifer Anniston
My wife
Vanessa Marcil
Salma Hayek
Natalie Portman

Old 06-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by h20skier
Totally easy

Not in any particular order
Jennifer Anniston
My wife
Vanessa Marcil
Salma Hayek
Natalie Portman
Someone needs to tell Salma Hayek to get electrolysis. Her nose hair, mustache, sideburns and hairy arms are out of control. It makes me cringe.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by BDSK
Someone needs to tell Salma Hayek to get electrolysis. Her nose hair, mustache, sideburns and hairy arms are out of control. It makes me cringe.
hahaha...some latin women have this

Old 06-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
hahaha...some latin women have this
I know and it is so gross.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by BDSK
I know and it is so gross.
so you must love middle eastern women

Old 06-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
with the bumble shipped and on its way (pray for me guys), i think i will add this replacement as one of the top 5 now. all ones i see are either lnib or bnib, what ever happened to good old scratched and bruised watches popping for sale

Submariner LV
maxi dial, brushed bracelet, better proportioned case vs the new Ceramic, and the colour is just enough whereas the new one with green dial is a bit much imo

Old 07-10-2012, 01:43 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Other than what I've got right now in my watch collection

I think this is what it's missing.

1) A Lange & Sohne DatoGraph Platinum
2) Rolex DayDate 2 Platinum
3) Patek Phillipe 5960P Blue
4) Richard Mille RM011
5) Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Carbon tourbillon

Attached Images      
Old 07-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
^I'll take one of each thanks!