Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your top 5

Old 05-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Fred, i love how you own being such an IWC fanatic

okay so let's get the ridiculous watch out of the way, the one which is as of now the holy grail that is kept at a distance and i fantasize about but not really going to own:
1. 5970 perp calendar in platinum. why? because patek. seriously though it is perfect, the functions obviously of a perpetual chrono, the platinum case, the black dial and subtle numbering contrasting and going with the case's polish, the black strap, the timeless roundness and thickness of the bezel, and the height of the watch which to me is boyish and complements the sophistication all around making this a truly perfect, PERFECT watch

Name:  IMG_0028_filtered.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  357.0 KB

2. PP 5726 is the watch that saved my life making me realize i can own a Patek hopefully if i am blessed enough someday. the Nautilus was always a watch on the radar but from recognition and not motivated by lust. it used to be that my top PP would be a 5960 but that being in platinum and a round case meant that i cannot get serious about it even before the price. so, the 5726 is the perfect fit in. steel, annual calendar, and being a Nautilus is just a blessing because to me that translates into a daily watch that goes with everything. black dial is perfect and the case is clean without being busy with pushers for a chrono giving more symmetry. that symmetry is in the dial as well versus the 5980 with the distributed dash-hour markers and the date being tucked in at 6pm.
black leather strap is wonderful but i saw a 5980 in a video on youtube the other day and the steel bracelet looked incredible. so now i think the 5726/1a (black) makes more sense for a guy like me, my dresscode, and my purposes. important thing being that the option is nice to have and perhaps with a bracelet the watch can even be more of a sporty-functional-classical-gentlemanly watch more than ever i could see the 5726 on bracelet practically cancelling out all wrist-time of my rollie rotation

Name:  PP5726.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  55.1 KB

as a rolex guy i think this is the one for me, despite the fact that both are just beautiful because.. duh.. dial!!!

3. Day-Date Platinum 36mm, Roman numerals
. preferably iceblue dial.

a majestic watch imho. sheer class imho, and even at 36mm i would rock it like crazy. much prefer it to the new daydate 2 versions, and i read/hear you can have some crazy deals for those but i never bothered the research. truly a great watch and dare i say i love it as much as a patek 5726 but the PP wins in all comparisons so it's the logical choice in an illogical hobby. i could have easily put in a Datejust (original at 36mm) in here as well because some versions with the dials and bracelets are beautiful imho

4. JLC is tough for me because the closest i got was to the reverso squadra world chrono; but have since acquired a taste for the master line in the geo, as well as the master compressor which i think is a great sports watch; yet i believe my style is more suited to the AMVOX series however i'm not well-read on them and just think their design is something i could actually own and cherish. i am just not too psyched with the aston martin singularity (but understand it as a concept), and not a fan at all of the scripture of some of the AM models (dbs, rapide) on some watches.
so while this is nice and i was close to it, i never 'had to' have it

this is more me

i think this is the one that made me notice the series on a poster on the local boutique. limited to 24pcs only and available readily online. the strap is perfect, the white dial and grey contrasts with the orange dashes.. just too damn COOL. and it's AP ROO money

-i made a trip down to IWC a couple weeks ago and tested the watches that were in my system; only to be left disappointed and acquired an appreciation for the BP. thus, i am yet to go to the JLC boutique and got the ones i have in my system out or maintain them and hopefully have a better idea what they're like irl-

5. pretty obvious from my ranting in this section that right now a favourite has got to be the ROO Bumblebee.
the yellow and black contrast make it a super sporty watch, the ceramic bezel giving daily wearer confidence without scratches, the carbon case for a stealth look and let's face it it is unique, and i like the fact it is 42mm not the newer 44mm size with the old-style pushers.
i will admit i am not crazy over the strap and think a smooth, sportier, drilled one would have been better suited. but imho everything else is so damn sexy i can overlook that

i have something still in the works for a trade of my Panda + cash for a BB, but that depends on the cash.. as mentioned above some of the AMVOXs are ridiculously cool and offer great variety and come in inspired designs with materials so a trip down to JLC and doing some window shopping is going to be mandatory

Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
This is a fun idea. I'll keep all mine <100k.

Well this is what I'm working on getting as permanent items in my collection, to pass on, with other pieces I'm sure will come and go. I used to be a diehard Rolex and IWC fan, and while I still own those and still like them very much, have my sights set on the following five.

Number 5: VC Overseas Dual time. As soon as my watch guy becomes a VC AD, will be selling him the ss daytona and cash for this watch. The detail on the dial and overall finish on the watch is superb.

Number 4: Yeah yeah I know. But this one really has to be seen in person. Trust me. I used to abhor AP, but the ceramic bezel, the non numbered dial and muted color scheme transformed my perceptions on this watch. I love wearing this watch. It really has so much subtle detail and levels in it.

Number 3: VC Retrograde Daydate. I'm a fan of slightly atypical means of telling date and time. It's got a novelty all while keeping a very clean look.

Number 2: A. Lange Zeitwerk in RG.. The Silver bridge in person is striking. I had the chance to try one on, and will definitely get one in the near future.

Number 1: Patek 5159R. Just oozes beauty. My favorite perpetual calendar, and well, favorite timepiece period.

Last edited by Eddie; 05-22-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
All these choices have been so good!

@Ali - you may like the new JLC deep sea chronograph. I like that version of the nautilus, but I always change which one is my favorite.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamspeed1337745788.681535.jpg
Views: 1839
Size:  68.0 KB

@Eddie - I saw the 5159 and it is one of the most stunning PCs. That was in the running with the 5040 on my list, but the tonneau shape won me over. I have been intrigued by the VC patrimony retrograde day date, and hope to see one as I am unsure on the layout.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of light
Number 1 for me
IWC Big Pilot Perpetual Top Gun, some day I will buy it, I love everythink in that watch

2. Somethink very rare and maybe a bit unknow Cyrus, owner of this company is a guy who wanted to make somethink special. Movement was made by one of the best Swiss watchmakers. More info on Cyrus Montres Suisse

3. Roger Dubuis double tourbillon, it's awesome to have turbillon in watch, so what about double turbillon?

4. delacour Jose Murinho choice, this watch is so weard but I like it

5. As I am huge fan of F1, Hublot must be on my list two models Suzuka and Ayrton Senna

Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Don't have time for a write up now but here are my favs:

PP 5970P

AP Royal Oak Skeleton Perpetual Calendar

Patek 5960P Blue dial

FP Journe Tourbillon Souverain

AP Concept II Tourbillon GMT

Old 05-23-2012, 05:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
In no particular order:

IWC Big Pilot

IWC Portofino Chrono

PP 5208p

Rolex Yachtmaster 2

Vacheron Constantin Tour de I'lle

Old 05-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eddie
Number 5: VC Overseas Dual time. As soon as my watch guy becomes a VC AD, will be selling him the ss daytona and cash for this watch. The detail on the dial and overall finish on the watch is superb.
that trade would be awesome; i love my daytona but if i were to give it up then the VC DT is a worthy rarity
Number 1: Patek 5159R. Just oozes beauty. My favorite perpetual calendar, and well, favorite timepiece period.
patek, roman numerals, retro date, perp .. wonder why you're in love!! i would love to wear it on a 12hr flight, would never get bored

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
@Ali - you may like the new JLC deep sea chronograph. I like that version of the nautilus, but I always change which one is my favorite.
thanks for the JLC pic, but the AMVOX series is more suited for my style. i actually did some reading last night on a great thread which i'll link to later, really cool evolution for a watch launched in `06. i would love to fall in love with them when i see them irl, because the IWCs didn't live up. a clean AMVOX2 could be had for just a bit over what i'm 'okay' with cashing over the panda for a bb! the amvox 5 world chrono with similar biggies to the 2's Paris LE to 24 edition is also pretty sweet just to look at; all before attending attention to the subtle details and obvious JLC epicness in a watch the dial, strap, functions, practicality, materials all give the BB a run for its money imho. your boredom is going to cost me Kevin

Originally Posted by gr1zly
Number 1 for me
IWC Big Pilot Perpetual Top Gun, some day I will buy it, I love everythink in that watch
tried it on irl, it lives up to expectations and is everything it promises in those pictures

5. As I am huge fan of F1, Hublot must be on my list two models Suzuka and Ayrton Senna
did you see those F1 Hublots irl? i remember the King Power being too busy and i was disappointed but in all honesty i do tend to act like a snob around Hublots

Old 05-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If I could pick five to have it'd be these:

Christiaan van de Klaauw: Real moon

Audemars Piguet: 40th anniversary Royal Oak.

IWC: portuguese tourbillon mystere

Roger Dubuis: Excalibur

And this very cool Audemars Piguet: Millenary carbon one.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by boursachi

did you see those F1 Hublots irl? i remember the King Power being too busy and i was disappointed but in all honesty i do tend to act like a snob around Hublots
Yes, I've tried Ayrton Senna in Hublot Boutique, I am not sure that I like that watch because of look or becasue of Ayrton Senna name inside...

Old 05-23-2012, 06:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
good read on the AMVOX 2 found here:
http://jlc.watchprosite.com/?show=fo...&ti=591581&s=0

this too:
http://jlc.watchprosite.com/show-for...ti-403371/s-0/

the AMVOX5 World Chronograph RACING
ceramic, titanium, calfskin, 44mm, le 100pcs

based off of the AMVOX2 chronograph racing paris boutique le 24pc
can't blame them.. v cool stuff

this is a chrono minus the world time and the open-centre with imho a clean set-up and an absolutely crazy great deal for the price if anyone is in the market for a sports watch with an attitude. this is the one i referred to above saying it could be had for what you would be looking at in a cash diff for a used panda for a new bb. friggin jlc looks like a concept AP!!

WatchNet: Luxury Time: FSOT: Jaeger LeCoultre Amvox2 Chronograph Concept Limited Edition

Search this Thread