Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Audemars Piguet Rubens Barrichello II: The Man

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Bruce@Watches24seven You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Bruce@Watches24seven You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Bruce@Watches24seven You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Bruce@Watches24seven You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Bruce@Watches24seven You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Bruce@Watches24seven You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Bruce@Watches24seven You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Bruce@Watches24seven You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Bruce@Watches24seven You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Bruce@Watches24seven You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Bruce@Watches24seven You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Audemars Piguet Rubens Barrichello II: The Man

Hi Gang, this is my first post on TS.

I recently received an Audemars Piguet Rubens Barrichello II chronograph watch. It has always been one of my favorite Audemars Piguet watches. For that matter, it is one of my favorite watches of all Luxury brands!

Since I like the watch so much, I thought I should learn more about the person that inspired the watch. The most logical place to start was the Audemars Piguet Official website.

Here is what they had to say:

Thirty-eight-year-old Rubens Barrichello holds a double record. In addition to the number of Grand Prix races he’s entered, he is also the only driver in history to have started more than 300 races. The Brazilian has no intention of stopping while he’s on a roll like this: “When I raced for the first time, I didn’t think I’d keep racing for such a long period. Now, I’m enjoying it more than I used to,” he said, beaming, during an interview on the BBC show Top Gear.

Maybe it’s this optimism that has allowed him to remain at the pinnacle of car racing for such a long time. Barrichello started car racing in 1993, making him one of the youngest drivers to make his entry into the signature car racing circuit. In his first years as a driver for Stewart, Jordan and Ferrari, he rubbed shoulders with Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher, whom he joined as part of the Scuderia team.

Even though Barrichello’s celebration wasn’t exactly as he would have liked, because he had to pull out of the race due to a collision, the record is now firmly established. The count had been disputed earlier, because two Grand Prix races that he abandoned before the start had been included in his race start total. But there is no question that Barrichello is indisputably the driver with the most starts in the history of car racing. Audemars Piguet appreciates this longevity, and has collaborated with the athlete for many years. In 2008 a limited Royal Oak Offshore Rubens Barrichello was released, a sports watch celebrating the driver’s 257th Grand Prix, with ceramic elements evoking the sport of car racing.

If you have more interesting information about Rubens Barrichello, please tell this novice more about him.

Thanks,
Bruce

Old 05-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Good to see another sponsor on the watch forum! RB is quite the F1 racer, if you go to the pit stop sub-forum they may have a lot more info for you.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Bruce good to see you here. I have done business with Bruce and many friends of mine have he is A+ in every way.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
that watch ain't too shabby.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
my favorite ROO to date. too bad made a bad move selling it.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the rough
I've bought a Panerai and IWC from Bruce and will be buying more from him.
The best! Buy with confidence!

Last edited by Cowtown10; 05-17-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Good looking watch.

Nice website as well Bruce

Old 05-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
my favorite ROO to date. too bad made a bad move selling it.

Ditto but Rose is nicer, ask Raul he knows

Old 05-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I must say, I can't see the style in the roo's with big chrono pushers/surrounds. I like the smaller ones like on the safari.

Quick Reply: Audemars Piguet Rubens Barrichello II: The Man