Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Carbon, Ceramic, Yellow - DIVER!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Carbon, Ceramic, Yellow - DIVER!!!!

yes it is hard to keep up with ap and their roos, yes so many variations, yes marketing is ridiculous and i don't like the affiliations and much of the branching out in pop culture. but i don't care, otherwise i wouldn't love porsche. nor ferrari. nor puma. nor adidas. you get the point.

hot damn this one WORKS!!!

the strap is a very lazy design, i am disappointed with all the new rubber from ap. on the 44 as well. otherwise i think this Diver is just brilliant and gorgeous!

what do you guys make of it?
my guy has the SS diver at ~$13.5k which is fair considering the competition in that price range (although most would be chrono). any guesses where this one would be set at? 18k should be good if they want it to be a huge hit

Attached Images   
Old 05-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
other yellow contenders and choices from ap

Bumblebee, mm's pic
still love it, but the Diver above offers a very different look with the dashes instead of arabic numerals for hours, chronos of course, and most importantly the dash of yellow in the arc.

Sebastian Buemi
though i know i could wear the hell out of it, the titanium case is questionable imo yet still prefer it much more than the jarno trulli. both pieces' prices are a no-no and definite deal breakers for me so no contention there

so yes the good thing is the Diver carbon combines the best of the two watches' elements imo
the materials, the display of hours, the reduced yellow, and the fact that it isn't a chrono
you just know price will be laughable otherwise it would've been such a great purchase all around

Last edited by boursachi; 05-10-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
I need a PAY rise......dam it.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond repute
Personally I prefer the looks of the SS one over the carbon look. That being said I would imagine you'd be spot on at 18k for the carbon.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
the original for debate

holds its own more than fine with the, what i believe, are the most out there and fun-variations for everyday use and the 2 that can go head to head with any sports watch from any make if the extra paid for marketing expenses can be forgiven: bumble & panda

Name:  APdiver00.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  72.7 KB

i would not care about the 'blacked out' look of the carbon diver as much as the fact that the ceramic bezel will still look brand new in 10 yrs and the carbon case as well if not banged purposefully will maintain its smoothness without hairlines

only reason i personally find to go with the original steel version is that you prefer and want the metal-y look. based on the height, heft, and purpose of the watch, carbon/ceramic/rubber fit it even more. oh man i hope they don't overdo the pricing

Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Speed888
I need a PAY rise......dam it.
haha tell me about it!! i was waiting for the new 41mm RO line ... but now seriously who cares

Originally Posted by jmusser3r
Personally I prefer the looks of the SS one over the carbon look. That being said I would imagine you'd be spot on at 18k for the carbon.
very cool, i was composing my previous post before reading yours. may i ask if you prefer the SS look due to the shine and contrast with the black dial? i.e. purely aesthetic reasons preferring the monochromatic tone of the watch?
based on my Panda experience i don't think i am suited for a SS roo

i also wonder how heavy the carbon diver will feel on the wrist.
the SS is a very hefty watch, i would actually say it feels like you have two roo chronos

would love for it to be ~18k

Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi

very cool, i was composing my previous post before reading yours. may i ask if you prefer the SS look due to the shine and contrast with the black dial? i.e. purely aesthetic reasons preferring the monochromatic tone of the watch?
based on my Panda experience i don't think i am suited for a SS roo

i also wonder how heavy the carbon diver will feel on the wrist.
the SS is a very hefty watch, i would actually say it feels like you have two roo chronos
You were spot on. I don't know what it is but the SS Diver just looks right. Which is weird because I originally didn't like the watch at all when it came out. Now it is one of my favorite ROO's (behind the Panda) so who knows maybe the Carbon will grow on me

Old 05-11-2012, 09:22 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
dunno,..even though they share similarities,I think MMs Bumblebee is unique in a special way...it has a very different character than the other ones,so I think it`s rather hard to compare them 1:1

but damn bro...I like em all
esp the Buemi(after the Bumblebee )

Old 05-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I like the ss diver. But their other sport watches look like toys to me.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
i was on the phone with MM today, mofo still wouldn't budge on selling his BB
El, very true the BB has a very unique character. as HM describes it, "a toy" is what i think of my panda with the singapore f1 strap; i just cannot make sense of having both although i love AP and have watches of the same brand and don't subscribe necessarily to "more brands, the better", but rather prefer more of what i know i will love and grow fonder of, all the while wearing the hell out of them everywhere except the gym.
thought i had it down between jlc/iwc, but the iwc prices are exaggerated imho w/o the cushion of market demand to hedge. jlc make a much more refined example, the Master line is great and such a bargain for CLASS and function.

but of course AP has to come in and ruin the moment

Quick Reply: Carbon, Ceramic, Yellow - DIVER!!!!