Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

AP ROO Owners, talk to me.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Did a double take for a second. Thought I was back in TrF. Either should wear fine. It's all self conscious.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
The Cermaic SS is priced at 33,000 list hardest of the new 44mm to find expect to pay closer to list then for the All Carbon or Rose. The Open work RO you show is the Ltd edition and is very expensive made only in 40 pieces (Platinum) and then also a Tourb version as well.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier

I'd wear mine in my pocket.

Safari and Panda I would own one od if priced accordingly. 1/2 of what they are.

Mark buddy why you always banging AP, in the world of sport watches it is the mid level price wise, with Mille being overpriced and Hublot being less expensive but the quality is beyond shi*.. I have owned all three and can speak on all of them. The prices for any of the std offshores were reasonable up until this last moronic price increase. Any of the std offshores on strap, steel or rubber should be sub 20k.

As well if you take manufacture quality and add it in and use only mainstream watch brands not Haute and such AP is top 10 all day long - I would say these all fit in tops for mainstream brands. Notice Panerai and Rolex are not on that list and dont belong there. I perosnally have owned tons of them also but they are not in the league of the names below. Alone Blancpain, Breguet and VC are legends in manufacture and parts that are used in all watches today, example Breguet mainsprings.

AP
VC
Patek
Breguet
IWC
Lange
Blancpain
Jaeger LC
UN

Old 04-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
Mark buddy why you always banging AP, in the world of sport watches it is the mid level price wise, with Mille being overpriced and Hublot being less expensive but the quality is beyond shi*.. I have owned all three and can speak on all of them. The prices for any of the std offshores were reasonable up until this last moronic price increase. Any of the std offshores on strap, steel or rubber should be sub 20k.

As well if you take manufacture quality and add it in and use only mainstream watch brands not Haute and such AP is top 10 all day long - I would say these all fit in tops for mainstream brands. Notice Panerai and Rolex are not on that list and dont belong there. I perosnally have owned tons of them also but they are not in the league of the names below. Alone Blancpain, Breguet and VC are legends in manufacture and parts that are used in all watches today, example Breguet mainsprings.

AP
VC
Patek
Breguet
IWC
Lange
Blancpain
Jaeger LC
UN
If it helps I don't like the VC brand either

Because RaceCar really
The AP brand says exactly what the Kiwi's post above states to me. I just don't like that.

I did say for 8k or so I believe the Panda/Safari Roo is wearable but at double that or more it's just not that much watch. Not even close. It's a good sub 10k watch with it's heritage. The watches priced in the 20's and 30's are laughable. It's like Richard M to me except I believe they are 5 times over priced for the design to dollar.

Many watches are overpriced I know but in the end most of them are very low key with a MASSIVE following. PP for example sells almost every watch they make prior to it hitting the store. All of this with no arrogance or plastered advertisements like above.

AP..U know my feelings

VC..I think is a touch overdone as well as overpriced across the board

Patek...Just perfection in most pieces

Breguet..I really like about 4 or 5 of their pieces but they wear very very small.

IWC...Love almost everything they make.

Lange..The only watch with a price tag like a Challenge Stradale that I've actually considered several times. This the greatest watch I've ever had on. Had my visa out 2 times actually to buy this one.

Blancpain..too small for me and their complicated pieces are a touch boring

Jaeger LC...Jaegers I love almost everyone I've ever seen.

UN..Classy and understated with great pricing in my book.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
H20 - sounds like you are into the more classically styled watches. Not the sport watch as much or anything large. IWC/JLC/Lange/Patek all pretty classic designs. Although its too much as well I love the VC ti dual time. Prefer it over a ROO.

Originally Posted by Marc
The Cermaic SS is priced at 33,000 list hardest of the new 44mm to find expect to pay closer to list then for the All Carbon or Rose. The Open work RO you show is the Ltd edition and is very expensive made only in 40 pieces (Platinum) and then also a Tourb version as well.
I think he posted the reg SS openworks. Which retails for around 33-35 but could get a discount. I was looking .

Old 04-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
H20 - sounds like you are into the more classically styled watches. Not the sport watch as much or anything large. IWC/JLC/Lange/Patek all pretty classic designs. Although its too much as well I love the VC ti dual time. Prefer it over a ROO.

I think he posted the reg SS openworks. Which retails for around 33-35 but could get a discount. I was looking .
Interestingly enough most of my watches are sporty. I don't see the ROO's or even the RO which I didn't know were different until this thread LOL aren't sporty at all to me. They are trendy. A large difference in my book.

I like a watch that people will look at. Admire but most likely Never know the name brand. Except real watch people.

I know I get flamed because I dislike Rolex for the same reason. People see Rolex and think WOW you are rich or Wow you are douche sorry had to throw it in but you show up with a JLC or PP on your wrist and 99,999 of 100,000 people will say cool looking watch. Nothing else. They've got no clue.

AP is pushing for the Wow you are rich mantra and I just don't like it.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
If it helps I don't like the VC brand either

Because RaceCar really
The AP brand says exactly what the Kiwi's post above states to me. I just don't like that.

I did say for 8k or so I believe the Panda/Safari Roo is wearable but at double that or more it's just not that much watch. Not even close. It's a good sub 10k watch with it's heritage. The watches priced in the 20's and 30's are laughable. It's like Richard M to me except I believe they are 5 times over priced for the design to dollar.

Many watches are overpriced I know but in the end most of them are very low key with a MASSIVE following. PP for example sells almost every watch they make prior to it hitting the store. All of this with no arrogance or plastered advertisements like above.

AP..U know my feelings

VC..I think is a touch overdone as well as overpriced across the board

Patek...Just perfection in most pieces

Breguet..I really like about 4 or 5 of their pieces but they wear very very small.

IWC...Love almost everything they make.

Lange..The only watch with a price tag like a Challenge Stradale that I've actually considered several times. This the greatest watch I've ever had on. Had my visa out 2 times actually to buy this one.

Blancpain..too small for me and their complicated pieces are a touch boring

Jaeger LC...Jaegers I love almost everyone I've ever seen.

UN..Classy and understated with great pricing in my book.
And yes if you are going High End nothing beats Patek but Lange makes one of the best watches in the world IMO second only to PP.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD

VC Overseas is also nice.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Interestingly enough most of my watches are sporty. I don't see the ROO's or even the RO which I didn't know were different until this thread LOL aren't sporty at all to me. They are trendy. A large difference in my book.

I like a watch that people will look at. Admire but most likely Never know the name brand. Except real watch people.

I know I get flamed because I dislike Rolex for the same reason. People see Rolex and think WOW you are rich or Wow you are douche sorry had to throw it in but you show up with a JLC or PP on your wrist and 99,999 of 100,000 people will say cool looking watch. Nothing else. They've got no clue.

AP is pushing for the Wow you are rich mantra and I just don't like it.
I agree and that is why I got rid of my Daytona, got a lot of comments of wow that looks like an expensive watch. With my AP diver, I have only seen them in the wild in Vegas. In my area, the AP is just as unknown as the ones you mentioned. Working my way up to the PP and langs.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I agree and that is why I got rid of my Daytona, got a lot of comments of wow that looks like an expensive watch. With my AP diver, I have only seen them in the wild in Vegas. In my area, the AP is just as unknown as the ones you mentioned. Working my way up to the PP and langs.
The diver is a nice piece I had the first version as the Wempe , Orange and Blue
the new one with Larger Tang I also had, very low key and col. Daytona is so beyond played.

Quick Reply: AP ROO Owners, talk to me.