Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

24 year old young professional looking for a sexy watch

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cerberusdoc

I happen to lease a 2011 328 because I had some disposable income laying around. I live in Michigan so that automatically makes it an M3. My latest watch acquisition is a TW Steel CEO canteen, which is way better than those old-man Rollies. I like how the second hands tick w each second rather than the seizure like motion of the automatics. That sh*t is played out like wall street.

might actually be worse than the OP

Old 03-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
halivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cerberusdoc
OP, post a pic of said car and gf and you will be welcomed. We just like to fcuk w the newbs, like a rite of passage.

Seriously though, pics.

I happen to lease a 2011 328 because I had some disposable income laying around. I live in Michigan so that automatically makes it an M3. My latest watch acquisition is a TW Steel CEO canteen, which is way better than those old-man Rollies. I like how the second hands tick w each second rather than the seizure like motion of the automatics. That sh*t is played out like wall street.
The said BMW: http://i43.tinypic.com/zu1ctl.jpg
Apartment (when I moved in): http://i41.tinypic.com/w0kx9y.jpg
BMW Keys + Kenneth cole watch (that is broken): http://i42.tinypic.com/24e9fs3.png

Sorry, GF (ex or not) pics stay private -- I'm not a douche bag :P

Old 03-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome on board H!

Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
halivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond reputehalivingston has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Let me be the first to congratulate you on a job well done and a life well lived. You are definitely winning.

HAHAHA!! I was asking for it :P

Old 03-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by atomic80
OMG...that apartment is right around the corner from where I am. You're in my area.

I have to agree with the guys here though, I think you could honestly have started off being a tad bit more modest or maybe even avoided listing all those checkpoints and just asked for some advice on watches. I'm just sayin' though.
Hello fellow Bellevue downtown dweller I don't disagree that the original posting sounded a bit douchey. I don't see why it's dragging on. For example, I'm being stereotyped as a 3-series douche, who should wear a Breitling .. those watches look great but, so what's wrong with it?

In any case, I suppose I should take my question to some other forum! heh.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by BigE
Nothing says "Look at me, I'm a successful 24 year old guy." like a brand new 3 series beemer and fake Rolex. You have already taken care of half what's needed. PM Teamspeed member Saudi_Ferrari for a list of websites to find quality replica watches "that completes the overall look."
Rolex is for old people! I'll get myself the stereo-typical Breitling :P

Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM
the angry giant midget
cerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond repute
Cartier Santos XL

Old 03-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
BlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to all
I have 2 Tag Heuer Monaco (13 & 39 diamonds, python straps). Contact me for more info if you are interested.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
4-5k...... I would go chopard....bell and ross....tag monaco...
yup. Or panerai.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:24 PM
the angry giant midget
cerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forum fellow 3series dbag. Most of the doods here are college students living with their BMW-driving parents.

As far as watches go, if you think Rolex is for old people, you won't last fare well in any sort of serious watch circle. Having owned a Rolex Seadweller, Omega Planet Ocean orange bezel, Tag Heuer Carrera, Montblanc TW chrono, and now a Pam 305, I can tell you the Rolex and the Pam are the only ones worth having.

But this is my very limited budget and experience.

When it comes to watches, get something you like but also something that has a higher resale value. Not for the sake of resale, but for the sake of value.

First rule of thumb when getting a well made swiss watch, get something you can live with and then pass on to your kid.

Btw, the part about auto movt sucking was tongue in cheek. The reason I got the TW steel was because of some remarks from my superiors about the Panerai. Haters gonna hate. But if you get a watch that will outdo what your boss is wearing, it may not be a good thing.

Quick Reply: 24 year old young professional looking for a sexy watch