Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Help me decide! (Bell&Ross/Breitling Content)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Scott Davis
But you won't find the F1 engine in any other mass produced car, and that's the issue I think people have. Idk, just a guess. Also for several grand, a custom movement is expected.
they are still considered as a lower priced trendy watch. if they're going to design their own movement, expect to pay at least twice as much as they cost now. u've got a point. so i guess B&R is not for u. actually, the base ETA movement in most of the B&R models are pretty cheap. Porsche Design uses them too, and many others. doesn't bother me for a relatively cheap-priced beater type of watch at all.

since u mention it, which reminds me of how much i loved the Panerai PAM190 when it had the Jaeger movement in it. it's just so much better than Panerai's own in-house movement they're producing now.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:30 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
j0wa is an unknown quantity at this point
Br. Ftw.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
they are still considered as a lower priced trendy watch. if they're going to design their own movement, expect to pay at least twice as much as they cost now. u've got a point. so i guess B&R is not for u. actually, the base ETA movement in most of the B&R models are pretty cheap. Porsche Design uses them too, and many others. doesn't bother me for a relatively cheap-priced beater type of watch at all.

since u mention it, which reminds me of how much i loved the Panerai PAM190 when it had the Jaeger movement in it. it's just so much better than Panerai's own in-house movement they're producing now.
I couldnt really care less if they have a custom movement. I love B&Rs. Was juststating the case of why some watch folks have an issue with them.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Scott Davis
I couldnt really care less if they have a custom movement. I love B&Rs. Was juststating the case of why some watch folks have an issue with them.
You have much to learn kid. That's like saying your would buy a Porsche 911 with a Honda V6 powering it. Sure it works just fine, but its not the same and definitely not worth the same money.

I have a LumTec with an ETA movement that cost me less than $1k. All due respect to B&R, who makes a really nice watch, but I cannot envision paying more than around $1,500 for a watch with an ETA movement

Old 03-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
You have much to learn kid. That's like saying your would buy a Porsche 911 with a Honda V6 powering it. Sure it works just fine, but its not the same and definitely not worth the same money.

I have a LumTec with an ETA movement that cost me less than $1k. All due respect to B&R, who makes a really nice watch, but I cannot envision paying more than around $1,500 for a watch with an ETA movement
I only own Tags. I dont own any B&Rs.

But to counter your post, its nothing like that. The watch will tell time the same regardless of the movement (for the most part). A porsche will not be as fast with a Honda V6 powering it. Not even close.

But lets say you take a Porsche 911 and put a similarly powered and reliable V6 in it so that Id never know the difference and charge me 1/2 price. Id buy that ALL day long.

Maybe its just me...

Old 03-26-2012, 06:46 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
dude,..

are you really that stubborn?

and it`s not even limited to this thread only..

Old 03-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Why am I stubborn? Because someone made a point and I busted it?

I'm not even agreeing or disagreeing with anyone on anything.....not sure why there's a problem....

Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Let me do this. People seem to be sinsitive on back and forths. What would the acceptable response from me be? Tell me and ill say THAT

Old 03-26-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm on my phone and can't edit for some reason....

I AM stubborn and I apologize. It comes from immersing myself in politics and dealing with that scene. Somtimes it comes across wrong on other types of forums. Ill try to keep it in check

Old 03-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Simon C You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Simon C You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Simon C You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Simon C You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Simon C You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Simon C You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Simon C You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Simon C You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Simon C You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Simon C You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Simon C You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
NO contest.....

Bell & Ross, of course!!!!!

......but I would say that!!!!

Quick Reply: Help me decide! (Bell&Ross/Breitling Content)