Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Recommendations for a GMT watch besides Rolex?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:05 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't there a nice VC GMT?

Old 01-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Don't take a speedmaster into the water. Take an aqua terra GMT chrono instead.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
went to try the speedmaster on...didnt impress me as much as many of the pics I have seen of it. I felt it was a little too big for me and the strap they had it on didnt go with the watch well imo.

still think the explorer 2 or GMT2 are my best bets if I go that route.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:59 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Have you robbed a bank recently? Or taken some investment advice from JPCourt?

Old 01-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Have you robbed a bank recently? Or taken some investment advice from JPCourt?
Hahaha, indeed I have. I was planning on selling my Cartier for something else. Im young and don't have many financial responsibilities besides saving for my future which I make sure to do as priority #1 and a few small bills here and there.

There's a saying "I spent 90% of my money on women, hookers and booze, the rest I wasted". But I think in the last few years its women, cars and watches!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Isn't there a nice VC GMT?
You bet your sweet ass there is. It's a bit above OP's budget but too beautiful not to share. VC Overseas Dual Time

Here in titanium

And normal with black dial

Old 01-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
^ yes yes yes...I tried on the chrono version with the leather strap @ Tourneau Caesars Palace in Vegas. I love that watch. Maybe time to start searching the used market !

Old 01-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
~4.5k

~1.5k

/omega rep.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
This just came to mind as well...

Old 01-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
It seems you are a big rolex fan, so this less marketed brand may not have the cache you are looking for. However, if I were getting a GMT in this price range, hands down, it would be the Linde Werdelin 3-timer.

Name:  LWAP1.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  77.6 KB

Linde Werdelin 3-Timer Watch Review

Hodinkee Goes Skiing With Linde Werdelin: We Test The 3-Timer & The Rock on the*Slopes - Watches Worth Knowing About - HODINKEE

Quick Reply: Recommendations for a GMT watch besides Rolex?