Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

AP Safari on diver strap arrived this morning

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
AP Safari on diver strap arrived this morning

AP SAFARI on diver strap.

The diver strap is amazingly comfortable. Deciding wether I am going to keep it on the diver or put the hornback on. I do prefer the look of the hornback and the brown is gorgeous.

Many of you hated on the fact that I had bought a replica. But I did it to wear it to see if I wanted the real thing. At the time I had only tried on a Volcano and it felt too big but I wanted to see if I would get use to wearing a watch this size which I did. Now I have the real thing, although I really want a bumble bee now and dont have the funds for both so deciding wether I will keep this or get the bumble bee.

So I included pictures of both. Since they are out there I figure it best to be somewhat knowledgeable about them. This can help prevent people getting ripped off, cheated and robbed!!! You can see the placement of the date window is too far to the right on the fake. Also the numbers dont have the silver around them. Im sure there are more issues.

If you hate that I have done this sorry. Either way here are the pics!

ORIGINAL HORNBACK STRAP

AUTHENIC w/ Diver Strap ..... Faux with leather strap

FAUX

Old 11-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Put on the hornback

Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I much prefer this over the bumble bee. I handled one and thought it felt (and looked) like a toy.

Thanks for posting the side-by-side. Hopefully it prevents people from being ripped off.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Vakane You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
that's a good replica... the only thing my beginners eye caught was the date casing is stainless on the real and the faux is sort of not as shiny... might be the angle of the pic.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pickup like it on the diver strap. AP's horn back straps are beyond stiff and uncomfortable.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:21 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, prefer it with the HornBack strap.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Are you sure you changed straps???

Old 11-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Are you sure you changed straps???
what do you mean? Its pictured on the strap and the two straps are very different

Old 11-09-2011, 07:36 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still mad at you for buying a faux but that's a nice acquisition I have to say.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
what do you mean? Its pictured on the strap and the two straps are very different
.... if you don't get what I mean then its ok

Last edited by GrayTT; 11-10-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Quick Reply: AP Safari on diver strap arrived this morning