Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Seen theses...wood watches

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Seen theses...wood watches

Saw them in a store a little bit ago. Nothing fancy but I thought it was cool they were crafted from wood. There around $100

Old 09-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Not my style. But to each his own.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
Are they waterproof?

Old 09-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by mannnu81
Are they waterproof?
The WEWOOD SPECIAL CARE warranty does not cover:

Damages occured from exposure to water or fire;
Any damage of any part of the watch resulting from abnormal/abusive use, lack of care, negligence, accidents (knocks, dents, cracks etc.) incorrect use of the watch;
Damages caused by non-authorized persons (e.g. for battery replacement, services, repairs or alterations beyond WEWOOD® control).

Backround:

Yes – WE WOOD

WEWOOD has emerged out of Italy as an emblem of eco-luxury and design, committed to the health of our planet. WEWOOD is the avant-garde approach to sophisticated sustainability.

The Tree and The Wood Watch
WEWOOD lets us rediscover nature in its beauty, its simplicity and inspired design. It reminds us of a tree’s powerful way of life; rooted, yet reaching.

Completely absent of artificial and toxic materials, the WEWOOD Timepiece is as natural as your wrist. It respects your skin as you respect nature by choosing it. Your WEWOOD Watch breathes the same air that you breathe and may awaken memories from another time and place. Your WEWOOD Watch records your sensations and shares your experiences as the perfect natural mate, whose story also becomes yours to wear, smell and feel.

Rebuilding an Endangered Ecosystem - One Tree at the Time
A philosophy not implemented is only a dream. Conversely, when you get your WEWOOD Timepiece, you can feel confident you’re making a difference. One Timepiece plants one tree, and together we help to ensure the health and survival of the natural world.

One Watch – One Tree – One Planet

“The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.”

Old 09-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
When I try to think of a target demographic for these watches, my first thought is Jack Johnson or any other hippy out there.

Definitely not my style.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
These just look cheap. Like a souvenir from a national park.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by alzilla
when i try to think of a target demographic for these watches, my first thought is jack johnson or any other hippy out there.

Definitely not my style.
lol!

Old 09-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
The target audience for the watch, can also dream of some day owning a Ferrari...

Old 09-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
xenon121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
Saw them in a store a little bit ago. Nothing fancy but I thought it was cool they were crafted from wood. There around $100

very good shape and design. but i am worried about bugs. are they safe against them?

Old 09-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xenon121
very good shape and design. but i am worried about bugs. are they safe against them?
Exellent point. Termites can be a real problem with wood watches. The best way to deal with termites is to apply orange oil liberally on your wrist on days when wearing one.

Quick Reply: Seen theses...wood watches