Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

So, I am field-testing a Combat B16 for Lum-Tec (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011 | 08:26 AM
|
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
So, I am field-testing a Combat B16 for Lum-Tec (pic heavy)

Hey guys,

Chris Weigand sent me a Combat B16 to field-test for him over here in Iraq. I will be taking a bunch of pictures over the next couple of months and posting them on here, so enjoy what you see. I will also remark on how the PVD coating and movement hold up to some of the abuse I put it through on missions, at the range, in the gym, shower, etc.

What I do have to say so far is this:

-The rubber strap is the MOST COMFORTABLE rubber strap I have ever worn. I have owned several Seiko Wave straps, IsoFrane straps, and others, and this one is very comfy while being sturdy at the same time.
-The movement doesn't make a ton of noise like some automatic watches, so that is a plus in my opinion.
-I have already knocked the case on my rifle, a few door jambs, and a kettle bell I was working out with (I am a bear, what can I say?) and the PVD coating just takes a licking and keeps on going.

On to the pics:

Wrist Shots:

Gear Shots:

Weapon Shots:

Old 08-08-2011 | 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Nice.....
That is for the piece, the piece, the other piece and pix

Old 08-08-2011 | 01:22 PM
|
Banned
Hani, funny as usual.

Old 08-08-2011 | 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
How are you finding the watch??

Old 08-08-2011 | 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Wrist shot, it looks pretty massive. I guess its gonna be good for quick glance type of stuff when it matters.

Old 08-08-2011 | 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Awesome to see, I look forward to following!

Old 08-08-2011 | 01:48 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots Raiff. Glad to see the PVD can hold up to abuse.

Old 08-08-2011 | 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
That thing is so big and bright that the bad guys might see you at night.

Old 08-08-2011 | 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome set of pictures I really like the new strap!

Old 08-08-2011 | 03:19 PM
|
Banned
@Hani & big_slacker: I am finding the watch to be very comfortable, and light on my wrist. This may be a biased opinion as I routinely wear a Rolex DeepSea and that thing weighs a ton.

The numerals are very nice, and I actually use it as a timer for certain things.

Quick Reply: So, I am field-testing a Combat B16 for Lum-Tec (pic heavy)