Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Watchmaking School ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011 | 05:51 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Watchmaking School ??

Does anybody know anything about these or have info regarding becoming a watchmaker??

I have always had such a strong fascination and desire to do so. Would love to reinvent myself as such.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I know there are some real experts here!

Thanks

Old 07-15-2011 | 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Google is your friend.

There are 11 watchmaking schools remaining in the US from an all time high of 44 in the 1970's. Plans are in place for a new school to open in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in September 2008. Each school has its own distinct approach and empahsis. School programs range from nine months to two years with different degrees awarded. The classes are small as the number of students allowed to enroll is limited to 8 to 12 per class. Some programs admit students once a year in September or January, and other programs admit students each semester.

Four schools, Lititz Watch Technicum, N.G. Hayek Watchmaking School, North Seattle Community College and Saint Paul College, offer the Watchmakers of Switzerland Training and Education Program, known as WOSTEP. This WOSTEP certified program offers a two-year curriculum, totaling approximately 3,000 hours. It is widely recognized as the industry's best training and certification program. Oklahoma State University offer the AWCI (American Watch-Clock Institute) certification.

http://www.vetwatchtraining.org/the-schools

Old 07-15-2011 | 06:02 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks Barrister, I got that far already. I was looking for more of an insiders take on it. I have actually made contact with a school which is local. i was kinda surprised to find one so close actually!!

Old 07-15-2011 | 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Obviously, as a watch lover, this interests me as well.

Good luck!

Old 07-15-2011 | 06:09 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Barrister
Obviously, as a watch lover, this interests me as well.

Good luck!
hopefully with your seal of approval on this thread it will get some love!!!! thanks again!!!

Old 07-15-2011 | 09:30 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Stryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond repute
Rolex has one in PA and they pay your way.

http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz...221_267151.htm

Last edited by Stryke; 07-15-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2011 | 11:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Stryke
Rolex has one in PA and they pay your way.

Making Time with the Watchmakers
I wish there were more programs like this.

You still have to get accepted, which is no cake walk. If you do, you pay for your equipment which can cost over $5K. Great deal for the opportunity.

As Dana mentioned, take a long look at WOSTEP as this is where the major players in the industry will look for talent first. Plus, it's in a stunningly beautiful location.

Last edited by ctzn; 07-15-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-20-2011 | 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
Aler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant future
I start my 2year WOSTEP-certified program in late August here in Sweden. I'm can't even start to explain how exited I'm

Old 07-20-2011 | 01:02 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Aler
I start my 2year WOSTEP-certified program in late August here in Sweden. I'm can't even start to explain how exited I'm

That's awesome! congratulations! If you don'y mind me asking, what is your age?

Old 07-20-2011 | 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
Aler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant futureAler has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by fone phreak
That's awesome! congratulations! If you don'y mind me asking, what is your age?
Thanks!
I turned 24 earlier this year. Previously I studied economics and mathematics but I decided to follow my heart and apply for watchmaking school this spring and got accepted and I have never felt so good about anything before, it feels 100% right!