Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

My watch is broken. Pam005

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 05:26 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
My watch is broken. Pam005

The crown(?) is broken, when the crown protector/ locking device arm thing is "in" ie: meant to lock the crown, it doesnt, you can still easily turn the crown which changes the time. And when the lever is "out", instead of the crown winding the watch up, it just changes the time, and when you pull the crown out, it comes out way to easily, and to far, as it hits the crown protector.

Any idea whats happened with that crappy explanation?

Cheers.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:35 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Stryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond repute
Where did you buy the watch?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
from a member of 6speed, who bought it from you or Gill. Tom Villano.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:49 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Stryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond repute
OK, checked old invoice and while Tom did buy a Panerai from us used (2005 model) about a year ago, he did not buy a 005.

Last edited by Stryke; 05-05-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Stryke
OK, checked old invoice and while Tom did buy a Panerai from us used (2005 model) about a year ago, he did not buy a 005.
haha, yep. It was a 000, don't even know my own watch!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:35 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Even though I didn't sell you the watch I'd have my watchmaker service it for you if you were in the States. Try taking it in for service. Sounds like something came loose inside and is putting outward pressure on the crown stem.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Mate its time to get this

Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Carb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Mate its time to get this
Those won't fail you

Old 05-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Stryke
Even though I didn't sell you the watch I'd have my watchmaker service it for you if you were in the States. Try taking it in for service. Sounds like something came loose inside and is putting outward pressure on the crown stem.
Your a scholar and a gentleman.

I took it into our only distributor today ( theres only 2 shops in NZ that carry panerai ), and they said to bring in the warranty card which obviously isnt going to help me at all.

How much will the service run you think? Need the thing polished as well, dropped it onto asphalt a few times.

I need a watch with a little more features than that Condor.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:57 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Need the thing polished as well, dropped it onto asphalt a few times.
That right there explains it. These mechanical watches can take some licks but being dropped isn't one of them. Not on a hard surface. You have alot of precise and small moving parts in there and the shock would kill it. I would really love to have you send it here and have my guy make it new but the cost of shipping both ways and potential customs nonsense would outweigh just getting the service locally. Chances are it would also need a few parts replaced. My record from when Tom bought it says it is an H series which means the warranty card is long expired. Even if it was in warranty if they see the marks from dropping it is considered physical abuse and voids the warranty. Let me know what they say. Panerai has great service so they may surprise you.

Quick Reply: My watch is broken. Pam005