Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Orefici Watches (Yay or Nay)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011 | 05:32 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
Orefici Watches (Yay or Nay)

I need help from our Watch experts on the team.

I was at Neiman Marcus a month ago and was checking out the different watches they had when I ran into what looks like a really good watch. The brand is Orefici (an italian company) and when I tried it on I really liked. I liked it so much in fact that I was ready to buy it on the spot, but I don't really know anything about watches and this was priced at $800. I don't know if this watch is worth it or not so I decided not to buy it. Since I know that for a little more money I can get a Rolex or something of that nature. Also I wasn't planning on spending so much on a watch I was looking at something < $400 so this was a big jump for me, but as I said earlier I damn near fell in love with it when I put it on. So your thoughts and opinions on the watch and company would be appreciated. Attached is a link to the watch in particular I was looking at (although it seems to be $100 less online )

Orefici Watches*-*Gladiatore Chronograph, Blue*-*Neiman Marcus

Old 01-12-2011 | 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
As a fashion watch, sure, if you like it. As a timepiece, no way.

Assume zero resale value as well.

Old 01-12-2011 | 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
It looks like those cheap Russian watches on ebay.

For that price range I would try to pick up a used Oris or a Lum-Tec.

As always, I will suggest the Citizen Nighthawk or Seiko SKX007 (automatic) to anyone who is on a budget.

Old 01-12-2011 | 10:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Ray Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to behold
Looks like a really good design. The only thing i can see to be leary of is that the specs do not tell you anything at all about the watch and what you are getting for your money. I would suspect it's very possible it has a mineral crystal (no mention of sapphire), possibly chinese quartz movement (only says 3 hand movement and brand/type not mentioned), and only water resistant to 3ATM (30 meters). Also no mention of the case material so it COULD be top grade stainless steel or, it could be cheap brass or mystery metal..nothing is mentioned so no way to tell without cutting it.

I would say if you like the looks and it does look good, grab it but do not subject it to rough use as it may not be able to take it. It could be a good fashion watch. It may be better than it seems but normally when specific things are not listed there is a reason. SOmetimes the reseller just has the wrong info or just does not list it so probably best to first email the manufacturer and ask questions like what movement, what is the case made of, is the crystal sapphire, or mineral glass. I like the watch. Looks really cool! Has alot of Corum and Gerald Genta lines in it and i like those watches. Really nice case design.

Old 01-12-2011 | 10:30 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by domesticdemon
I need help from our Watch experts on the team.

I was at Neiman Marcus a month ago and was checking out the different watches they had when I ran into what looks like a really good watch. The brand is Orefici (an italian company) and when I tried it on I really liked. I liked it so much in fact that I was ready to buy it on the spot, but I don't really know anything about watches and this was priced at $800. I don't know if this watch is worth it or not so I decided not to buy it. Since I know that for a little more money I can get a Rolex or something of that nature. Also I wasn't planning on spending so much on a watch I was looking at something < $400 so this was a big jump for me, but as I said earlier I damn near fell in love with it when I put it on. So your thoughts and opinions on the watch and company would be appreciated. Attached is a link to the watch in particular I was looking at (although it seems to be $100 less online )

Orefici Watches*-*Gladiatore Chronograph, Blue*-*Neiman Marcus
IMHO, for that price point you simply cannot do better than a LumTec. Many TS'ers (myself included Edit: technically, I have ordered and am eagerly awaiting delivery of a Combat F1) who have pieces that cost considerably more than $800 have purchased LumTecs and have posted nothing but rave reviews.

Last edited by BigE; 01-12-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-12-2011 | 10:34 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
^^^what do you know This was meant for Ray

If you like the way it feels buy it. If 500 is a stretch make sure the watch you are buying is a good piece like that guy above says.

Last edited by h20skier; 01-12-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2011 | 10:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry Mark, they don't ship to Canada.

Old 01-12-2011 | 10:37 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
^ I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Combat F1 If Ray would hurry up and finish making them so I can start wearing it, I would be very happy.

Old 01-13-2011 | 05:01 AM
the angry giant midget
cerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond repute
youre buying a watch from Needless Markup? wtf

Old 01-13-2011 | 01:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Ray Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BigE
^ I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Combat F1 If Ray would hurry up and finish making them so I can start wearing it, I would be very happy.
The factory re-opens on the 20th and will start assembling the F1s. Here are a few quick shots of the secret F1-S model case and dial

F1-S case with dial fitted:

Quick Reply: Orefici Watches (Yay or Nay)