Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Single hand watch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010 | 04:11 AM
|
Former Sponsor
Ray Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to beholdRay Knight is a splendid one to behold
Question Single hand watch?

Just a quick concept of a single hand watch for your thoughts. What do you think of this concept? The hand indicates hours in large scale and minutes in small scale. I always wanted to do one of these and started playing around with concepts. This is not a final dial, just a concept to show you the idea.

Old 12-07-2010 | 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
If you go ahead, I would make the single hand thinner. It would provide a more accurate reading. Maybe in a lumi orange. Otherwise, it may just look like a watch missing a minute hand.

Old 12-07-2010 | 06:04 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Uh, no. Pass. LOL

Old 12-07-2010 | 06:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get it. How do you tell the minutes?

Old 12-07-2010 | 06:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
You don't, u guess the nearest 5-10 minute range... I like the idea, but it needs something different

Old 12-07-2010 | 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
what if you lit up the hour it was and used the single hand as the minute hand?

Old 12-07-2010 | 07:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
like this

Old 12-07-2010 | 08:34 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
I have this one

MeisterSinger No. 03 Automatic Tan Dial - WatchBuys

I like its simplicity

Old 12-07-2010 | 08:57 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GuessWho
what if you lit up the hour it was and used the single hand as the minute hand?
That was the first thing I thought of and then I saw you had posted it when I scrolled down, but I guess the problem would be getting it to glow bright enough in bright light to recognize the hour.

Old 12-07-2010 | 11:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I like the dial texture, is this something your thinking of trying on the 2011 models?

Quick Reply: Single hand watch?