Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

The accuracy of time keeping

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Meteor997S is on a distinguished roadMeteor997S is on a distinguished roadMeteor997S is on a distinguished roadMeteor997S is on a distinguished roadMeteor997S is on a distinguished roadMeteor997S is on a distinguished road
The accuracy of time keeping

Decided to test the accuracy of my watch collection. Today I set all of my watches to an atomic clock. During the next 29 days I will see how each piece fairs. Each watch has been wound and will sit in a winder while not in use and will alternate daily. Included in this test will be ( in order from oldest to newest):

Rolex Submariner
Tag Carrera
Panerai Luminor
Rolex Daytona

I also threw my battery operated Omega Seamaster and girlfriends Datejust into the challenge. It will be interesting to see which watch holds the best time.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
my uncle has some sort of G-shock that receives some sort of transmission from the main time keeping center in the USA that updated the watch ever 4 hours, i though that was pretty cool, it was also not expensive

Old 12-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Meteor997S
Decided to test the accuracy of my watch collection. Today I set all of my watches to an atomic clock. During the next 29 days I will see how each piece fairs. Each watch has been wound and will sit in a winder while not in use and will alternate daily. Included in this test will be ( in order from oldest to newest):

Rolex Submariner
Tag Carrera
Panerai Luminor
Rolex Daytona

I also threw my battery operated Omega Seamaster and girlfriends Datejust into the challenge. It will be interesting to see which watch holds the best time.
Best to worst (my guess)
Omega Seamaster
Tag Carrera
Sub
Datejust
Daytona
Pam

Old 12-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GregV
my uncle has some sort of G-shock that receives some sort of transmission from the main time keeping center in the USA that updated the watch ever 4 hours, i though that was pretty cool, it was also not expensive
I have that GShock Gulfman its an amazing watch for $200

Old 12-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Meteor997S is on a distinguished roadMeteor997S is on a distinguished roadMeteor997S is on a distinguished roadMeteor997S is on a distinguished roadMeteor997S is on a distinguished roadMeteor997S is on a distinguished road
I believe Daytona will be worst. It hasn't been keeping the best time which prompted me to conduct this test.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
any update here?

Old 03-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
any update here?
He must be out of time.

Har Har Har!!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Left town and had to ajdust one of my watches to reflect time change which messed everything up. Been on road so I need to foucs on this task! Stay tuned....

Old 03-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
subgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Meteor997S
Left town and had to ajdust one of my watches to reflect time change which messed everything up. Been on road so I need to foucs on this task! Stay tuned....
Time?
Drove?
Roads ?

Never mind...

Old 03-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Subbed for the results!

Quick Reply: The accuracy of time keeping