Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Tag Heuer Battery Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
MHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura about
Tag Heuer Battery Replacement

Do I have to send it back to Tag to have the battery replaced? A few years back when it last died I was told that I had to in order for it to be sealed correctly. Is this not something that a normal jeweler can do in house without having to wait 6 weeks? I do not dive or anything other then a pool now and then with it.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
slykmr is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a rip off to take it to the dealer! I took my TAG Golf watch and it was like a $90 battery cause they had to "reseal it." Bought the batteries myself next time and did it myself. All it is is a rubber seal that you need to make sure is seated before you put the back case back on.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Member
MHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura aboutMHTJustin has a spectacular aura about
How did you pop the back case off? Special tool?

Old 06-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
Anyone else have any input?

Old 06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
If you want to be really sure, take it to a Tourneau store. They will do it on site and pressure test- for less than TH. However, almost any reputable watch dealer will be able to pressure test.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
slykmr is an unknown quantity at this point
Which watch do you have?