Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

50th Birthday present to myself, which sould I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ I just find most (not all) vulgar... thats just me

Old 02-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
May I suggest a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph in stainless steel, slighty more expensive (11-13,000) market price. it is more money but it is more serious of a watch.

Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Breitling

Old 02-24-2010, 12:55 AM
the angry giant midget
cerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond repute
for some more distinction, I second the AP... or perhaps a Hublot. lots of flavors and colors out there...

or a Chopard

Last edited by cerberus; 02-24-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Paperbill
Just curious, why don't people like the Breitling?
I know why I don't like Breitling.

Lots of them spend at lot of time at service because of poor build quality. Last time I had my IWC for service, the shop owner showed me the difference in build quality. Breitling looks god on the outside, but the quality of the bits and pieces suck when you compare. He explained that was the reson why the had so many in for service out of schedule - He actually made an article about it in a watch magazine with pics and everything afterwards...

Two of my friends had Breitling and one of them had it at the shop for 6 months out of 12. In the end they replaced everything inside. That broke down as well and he ended up getting his money back and bought a Rolex instead.

The other one was not that bad, but he had to deliver it for service 2-3 times too much.

To op: I would not choose any of them, but that's just a matter of different taste ;o)

Last edited by Zymi; 02-24-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
Paperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the rough
The Breitling I like is the B01 their new in house movement, hopefully that will be more robust

Old 03-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
H Bomb is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm a bit biased in your 3 you listed bc i have the PAM 326 which is the same as the 250 but different color. love mine so i vote for the PAM

Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
Paperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the roughPaperbill is a jewel in the rough
I'm getting close, probably within the next week, my birthday is Friday. I am somewhat tempted to see what Basel World brings

Old 03-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Rolex probably... I like the look of the Breitlings but the service issues are a bit disconcerting. Unlike most here, I am not at all a fan of PAMs or APs.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GregV
May I suggest a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph in stainless steel, slighty more expensive (11-13,000) market price. it is more money but it is more serious of a watch.

lucky if u find an ap dealer willing to discount to 13g,
u cant go wrong with this watch though, hell its ur 50th bday, Treat Urself

mille miglia is also a good sugestion, but stil not an AP