Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

IWC or Bell&Ross?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
IWC or Bell&Ross?

Hey guys, need some input here. I'm still doing my research but I've tossed another watch into the mix. I've given up on the limited addition Portuguese Chrono in Manila so I'm onto more realistic items.

Keep in mind this will be my first serious piece. My original plans were to pick up a Hamilton as an every day watch and this IWC as a special event watch

I've visited a few more AD's and now I've added a B&R to the mix. My new option is to just get this B&R as an everyday watch and maybe get the IWC at a later date:

IWC is about 5.5, B&R is about 3K, and the Hami would be about .5K. My wife, god bless her, is pushing me to just get the IWC and wear it as a daily watch. The IWC is more of a dress watch, the B&R is a nice every day watch but would be difficult to dress up in my opinion, and the hami I wouldn't worry about it if I scratched it up my accident.

Keep in mind that I'm at anti-baller status, I budget is about 6K, the largest case I can pull of is about 42MM (narrow wrist), and anything over 14MM thick is uncomfortable for me (Hami Chrono's are 16+).

Appriciate any input.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:52 PM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
duke, is this a serious question?

IWC end of story.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:05 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
IWC, hands down. The B&Rs are cool as long as they are Instruments. And don't let small wrists scare you away from larger watches. I am at 6,75" and have started to think that anything smaller than 44 mm looks silly on me. If anything, a small watch brings out the girlyness rather than a big one.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Without a doubt, IWC.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
i just picked up the IWC myself last week and love the watch as soon as i put in on. it felt great on my rist and imo, it is more of a dressier watch for special events or anytime your wearing a suit/tuxedo.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the rough
thats like comparing a nice Eclass to a daewoo...

IWC!!!!

***and im not even being biased.. i picked up a bell today.. its nothing amazing.. just cool looking.. the IWC is amazing and cool looking.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Teamspeed Member
MementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the rough
IWC. This is not even a contest. A B&R instrument would be cool for an everyday watch but that B&R you posted just isn't exciting.

The IWCs with the blue hands fit better with more casual outfits (but with biz attire, too). The gold hand ones look out of place with jeans.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys, I'm heading over to tourneau in about an hour to try on the IWC. It sounds like the IWC is in a no brainer here. Thanks for setting me streight. I think the as an every day looks like the way to go.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by rijowysock
thats like comparing a nice Eclass to a daewoo...

IWC!!!!

***and im not even being biased.. i picked up a bell today.. its nothing amazing.. just cool looking.. the IWC is amazing and cool looking.
I didn't realize it was that extreme. I know B&R has only been around for a few years but damn. Good news is that I prefer the IWC. It has a timeless classic look to it that I'm drawn to.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
MementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RDuke
I didn't realize it was that extreme. I know B&R has only been around for a few years but damn. Good news is that I prefer the IWC. It has a timeless classic look to it that I'm drawn to.
It's not hardly that extreme.

Quick Reply: IWC or Bell&Ross?