Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Customize my strap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Customize my strap?

I just got a Welder...love the watch and the rubber strap but i want the leather strap to have white sitches on it...pretty noticable stiches too (not little wimpy stiches haha)

Do they make these? Will stores do this for me? Any options?

Thanks guys

Old 02-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
try going to a arts/crafts or fabrics store they may know of someone who is good w/ a needle and thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the rough
olol..

a custom made strap is 150-250 for calf.. i think thats almost as much as the welder? would be not a good idea

Old 02-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
^^^I think he just wants the black stiches re-done w/ white on the current band...yea true custom calf straps are like 1/2 the price of the welder

Old 02-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the rough
oh.. in that case.. fabric store...some string, a needle and some patience..

you do know how to stitch right?

top thread goes over the top.. then down the hole.. then back up the same hole.. then loop the bottom stitch thru the hole it makes before pulling it snugly.. that way top stitch stays on top (thicker) and bottom is just to hold it (thinner thread)

when you get to the end you knot it and take the ass end back thru again and snip it.. you should be able to go from one end all the way around with only one seam/cut

Old 02-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by rijowysock
oh.. in that case.. fabric store...some string, a needle and some patience..

you do know how to stitch right?

top thread goes over the top.. then down the hole.. then back up the same hole.. then loop the bottom stitch thru the hole it makes before pulling it snugly.. that way top stitch stays on top (thicker) and bottom is just to hold it (thinner thread)

when you get to the end you knot it and take the ass end back thru again and snip it.. you should be able to go from one end all the way around with only one seam/cut
In that case I say Jon just goes to a Home Ec class in a high school for a day

Yea my sewing machine back home can do leather so I might take a stab at making a custom strap, my dad has a few hyde scraps laying around from some furniture he has made

Old 02-26-2008, 03:51 PM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
get one like this switch the red on mine w/ white.. that'll be shittin....

i think riley has this guy's info i misplaced it!

CF look

Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Still Lost
In that case I say Jon just goes to a Home Ec class in a high school for a day

Yea my sewing machine back home can do leather so I might take a stab at making a custom strap, my dad has a few hyde scraps laying around from some furniture he has made
you dont use a sewing machine on a strap...thats the crappy way, you want inconsistent stitches to show its hand done.. holes and then stitch.. almost every custom strap company i know hand stitches ALL of their straps.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^^^hmmm never knew that, wel then maybe I'll give it a try anyways....I have at lease peices of 2 hydes that I know of at home so either way might as well not let it go to waste

Old 02-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys....looks like my Mom will have a project on her hands this weekend

Quick Reply: Customize my strap?