Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Band Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
Band Problem

I have a Tag Chrono with a rubber band and what I would calling a folding clapse. The problem is my wrist is large and to get it to fit probably I had to extend the connection about 1.5 cm from the original spot. This makes the clapse off center and tends to pull the watch towards one side of my wrist. Only one side of the band is able to be adjusted. As oppose to my Explorer where I could add and subtract links to make the watch fit exactly centered on my wrist.

I'd like to find a leather band with a similar style clapse, I hate screwing around with the old school style clapses. Google has failed me. Any suggestions??

Old 04-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I thought you were gonna say that you have creative differences with a member of your "BAND" and are about to break up.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:33 PM
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
hence watch forum :-)

Old 04-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute
So you're looking for a deployant clasp. If you want to stick with your Tag clasp check with your AD, sometimes they have XL rubber or leather straps identical to the one you have now. You can go aftermarket as well, the only measurement you need is lugwidth and strap length. Here are a couple from Timezone.

TimeZone: Sales Corner => Di-Modell's best watch straps - discount prices + a free lug gauge + extra WIS discounts

I actually have one of these Di Modell straps on a watch and it's a well made soft/supple strap.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:03 PM
thanks, I'll check it out.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:55 PM
sent him an email, I'll see what he can do, problem is I have a big wrist.