Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
i met a hero of mine for the 1st time yesterday and was not disappointed. beautiful.
Nice. How was the cutout dial in person? Is it open to movement visible?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Teamspeed

Old 05-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Just took the Sax out. Need to grease this sucker up. Haven't worn my Lange's in a while.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BDSK
Just took the Sax out. Need to grease this sucker up. Haven't worn my Lange's in a while.

REP. Very nice, do show off the Langes please.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Thats a real beauty!

Old 05-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eddie
Nice. How was the cutout dial in person? Is it open to movement visible?
brilliant overall, and no i would not say the movement is visible although you can make out some parts. the contrast of the ceramic with titanium and the dial with the white ring is a sight to behold. truly a classic, and will remain as such forever given the tones and colours. the strap is so gorgeous, it completes the watch. i figured it would look GREAT on the Panda OR the BB as well.. real sporty and real comfy.
i was never certain about the pushers on the RBII but irl and on the wrist they are just more than fine. they go well with the screws and the huge crown. what a watch

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
i met a hero of mine for the 1st time yesterday and was not disappointed. beautiful.
FWIW, I like your panda more!
The crown, case and chrono pushers look huge.

Originally Posted by BDSK

Lange...

Old 05-24-2012, 11:06 AM
GOB
Teamspeed Junior Member
GOB has a reputation beyond reputeGOB has a reputation beyond reputeGOB has a reputation beyond reputeGOB has a reputation beyond reputeGOB has a reputation beyond reputeGOB has a reputation beyond reputeGOB has a reputation beyond reputeGOB has a reputation beyond reputeGOB has a reputation beyond reputeGOB has a reputation beyond reputeGOB has a reputation beyond repute
Daytona on strap, rubber strap that is

Have previously owned the SS Daytona, the two tone version, and the white gold on strap version, but this one is my favorite of them all (well, except for an all gold bracelet version)...

Attached Images   

Last edited by GOB; 05-24-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
JLC visit went well, it was educational and helpful. miscommunication over the phone, they had neither watch i was interested in. but it was good to see those in person and get a feel for them.
the world chronograph had a nice feel to the wrist and sat extremely relaxed. the ti made it super lightweight for its size, but i felt the strap was a bit narrow. the dial looked a tad busy and imho missed the most important factors which got me interested in the racing version: the white half-dial and the orange arc.
i am now certain that watch would look great in real life, however the strap feel and the way it hanged from the lugs was not something i was crazy over.

the chrono otoh is the one i preferred between the 2 above. it had a cleaner dial, a more proportionate look, and just seemed to me like it is more well-rounded. this particular version with the black dial and pvd ti is too dark for my tastes and i was very honest with the salesman that i was not considering it but asked if i could try it on anyway. he said sure and then i loved the folding clasp! again, strap felt narrow and i was not a fan of the, sorry but, 'flimsy' sense i got from the lugs.
both watches telling the time i thought could use more spice with the hands.

this visit was good because now i know i like the chrono and dislike the too-dark and the AM logo shown in the open-dial.
namely, it was good because now i know there is not much that i will dislike about this one:
more contrast in the dial, no AM plug-ins, nicer hands. surprise surprise, red accents and an awesome deal from what i see on some FS ads

for all other purposes, this is the World Chrono Racing i was hoping to see irl at the boutique but they did not have it and i told them to put in a call to check if it's available in bahrain or elsewhere jic and was very blunt about not being too serious yet and just too curious

ad here: WatchNet: Luxury Time => FS: JLC AMVOX World Chrono Racing Q193J420 - 15750

pics attached below.
Beautiful JLC man. almost bought one until i see the AM logo. i would never purchase a expensive watch that has a car logo on it. too bad.

the RBII is really one of the best made ROO out there imo. i wish i hold on to it. interestingly u can see the influence from the RBII to the new 44mm ROO look. consider the RBII has been out for many years. it's really the pioneer of the modern ROO design in terms of look, design & material.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Ahh the RB2! I'm sure you loved it???

Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by GOB
Have previously owned the SS Daytona, the two tone version, and the white gold on strap version, but this one is my favorite of them all (well, except for an all gold bracelet version)...
I like it a lot on the strap. Very clean looking.

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?