Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
IIRC it's $35k - big money for a single piece.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
that's list though, right?
ad here had it on show for $38,850 but was very open about 15-20% discount. this was the sales rep, not management.
i have a feeling they can let it go at 30-35% putting it at 25.5 - 27.2

i also say this because a quick google search yielded this:

http://market.watchprosite.com/?show...nly&p=IWC+Big*

list price is PP Nautilus money, but the watch imho has nothing to prove to any of the biggest players in its price range.
if it can be had for ~26k, it puts it in the AP ROO Bumblebee category and a bunch of gold Rolexs, and if it gets to that then well it's a no brainer .. Perpetual allll the way

i am waiting on bo yosif (GrayTT) to put it to rest and let me know what they can't say no to

Old 10-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
ad here had it on show for $38,850 but was very open about 15-20% discount. this was the sales rep, not management.
i am waiting on bo yosif (GrayTT) to put it to rest and let me know what they can't say no to
They can let it go for less
Its one of two "sport" perpetual models I know off (produced by the better known watch makers) the other is a Breitling... so from this attribute it is “special”

My feeling with regards to value of movement in the IWC pieces is that it has always been superior to other Swiss brands, so much more bang for the buck (but hey in my view the Swatch tourbillon for USD10k was great value)…
If all a person wants is to read the time and maybe date spending anything over USD100 is excessive… if you are looking for an accessory then it is whatever budget you set yourself nothing is too cheap or expensive, it is purely preference.

In other news... Yoyo thinks the PP is his watch

Last edited by GrayTT; 10-08-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
That sounds look too great a discount...would be a very good deal for a new one if you could get it. I'm almost tempted to offer to buy one with you and that could possibly seal the deal but i am being a good boy over here!!

Old 10-08-2011, 05:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
hani thx for the info brother
i loved the perp but not exactly the kind of love where i would stretch myself for it. you guys all know that's what i did with the ap gp and that was only 3 months ago.
cars have been my major expense lately and i don't think i can swing another watch for 2yrs.
remember when i asked you about 997tt prices? perhaps when i say 2yrs i mean 5 actually

josh, now i am thinking $23.5k is what hani is implying
at that price, and i say this as ap's biggest fan given that this is what they go for at dealers, the iwc MUST be the watch to buy vs A N Y roo.
yes i only saw it once and i only had it on for a minute but it did leave such an impression.
personally i am being blunt in saying that i can't afford it so if you are thinking of one, be a bad boy , let me know and i can make them an offer for 23.5k which i understood from graytt and ship it out to london possibly through the ad themselves

Old 10-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
oh and hani, the joke's on you brother. yoyo IS right, pp themselves say he is

Old 10-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Psychologically i can't spend that much on a watch at this stage of my life. Anything up to $15k is fine but anything more and i feel like i am being too spend thrifty! Okay off to Bond St to take a look at it hahahaha!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Bond Street = expensive

Old 10-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
first time in real life
lovely watch

how much can it be had for?
was offered for less than what i thought

wasn't someone here looking for one?
do. want. very. much.

Wish I could say I was in the market for one right now. Some day. Hopefully sooner than later.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by LABrit
Psychologically i can't spend that much on a watch at this stage of my life. Anything up to $15k is fine but anything more and i feel like i am being too spend thrifty! Okay off to Bond St to take a look at it hahahaha!
Josh i know what you mean. i used to think 9-10k was as high as i would go. then i had to have the panda. i thought okay 17-19k is DEFINITELY as high as i would go. then i had to have the gp. 38-40k just HAS to be the highest i ever go but then again i am yet to acquire a patek so never say never.
problem is i don't want to (+ can't) do gold watches, so i have to jump a few brackets and land in platinum territory if i want to pimp out

Originally Posted by Axman
Bond Street = expensive
london = expensive

Originally Posted by BigE
do. want. very. much.
Wish I could say I was in the market for one right now. Some day. Hopefully sooner than later.
it would be very fitting to a man of your standards, sir

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?