Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slavik
^that is an interesting looking piece, more info on it Mark?
Not much info. He's a French guy that makes all kind of weird watches. They aren't top of the food chain mechanics wise. Lots going on but they need maintenance.

With Date, Day of week, Month, Chrono, Moon Phase and Time I think it maxes out his watch making

This is a 10 year old piece maybe more I don't remember when I bought it. I do know it was the first time I had to Wire Euro for something.

It's fun and matches my personality so I love wearing it.

I hate having to set it when it's wrong though.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by smy266
I thought she wanted a big Rolex??
She was just making a joke about wanting a Rolex; she wants the IWC. I am actually proud of her; it is a GREAT watch! I told her that she will get one once she has a baby in a couple of years...

Originally Posted by GrayTT
In place of the ring?
No, she already has the ring...

Old 08-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
Like the piece mark, very funky.

My friend, George's JLC's and vintage GMT. Tried to get him to join.

Attached Images       
Old 08-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I've been itching for a Silberstein for a very long time!

Old 08-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
I've been itching for a Silberstein for a very long time!
they are cool but I've sent it for service already 2 times. that's a lot.

He makes some really cool stuff in my book.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
they are cool but I've sent it for service already 2 times. that's a lot.

He makes some really cool stuff in my book.
I would like to read that book

Old 08-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Axman
Was at my local AD today who started to deal IWC and tested this new IWC Portofino, felt so great on the wrist, comes with black or white dial, what do you think? It is hand wound and have an 8 days reserve, and the strap is made by the Italian shoe brand Santoni:
Very nice watch. I thought it was something else; otherwise I was going to tell you to get me one and send it over!

Old 08-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Banned
Love the JLC's and the vintage GMT Greg! And I am really looking forward to wearing those bracelets man.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Very nice watch. I thought it was something else; otherwise I was going to tell you to get me one and send it over!
Well I did not purchase it, , have some twisted feelings about that, nice watch and as I said, I am impressed by the movement. 8-days (actually 9) for a hand wound is not bad!

Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned
We live and we learn, but no regrets man...

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?