Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DJ
Always love this one in the summer!
DJ, I just ran across one of these Mil. Series 03-92's, and I just couldn't justify $2600 for it right now... Sweet watch though; I might have to get it in the future.

@Dana: We should grab a late lunch at The Hat in Lake Forest on the 14th, if you are free. I will be picking up my P-car and driving back to OK around 2 p.m. Let me know if that might work for you.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ That would be great Raiff!

Old 05-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned
Sweet! I just added it to my list. Please PM me your phone number bro, and we will make it happen.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud ofN.M.O has much to be proud of
This was recently found in a drawer at my grandfathers old house. He was a hard working carpenter (furniture) back in the days. He was a man I deeply respect, love and miss. The scratches we're maid working, building his own house with his own hands and so on. Needless to say, The watch itself isn't worth that much (if anything) but its history means a lot to me and my father. I'm going to get it fixed and I was thinking of replacing the glass, but since every scratch has its own story and memory I'll leave it as it is. Another funny thing is that I bought my seamaster AT when I graduated two years ago, partly thanks to gifts from my grandparents. So they make a nice couple

Here's the picture! (sorry about the quality and light, hard to see the dial at all...)

Attached Images   

Last edited by N.M.O; 05-30-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
^ Nice piece of history you have there. That AT is hot, too.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
True but the leather is more of a platinum thing...
I am actually looking for this
that would be very cool i must admit

Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
My cousin got this cool Datejust today, Saudi Military Dial.
i LOVE the newer datejust dials, there are a few with roman numerals that are just sublime
and while i do not wear it often, i actually do not mind the 36mm size

Originally Posted by DJ
Great dial!
you just love it 'cause it's got your initials

Originally Posted by N.M.O
This was recently found in a drawer at my grandfathers old house. He was a hard working carpenter (furniture) back in the days. He was a man I deeply respect, love and miss. The scratches we're maid working, building his own house with his own hands and so on. Needless to say, The watch itself isn't worth that much (if anything) but its history means a lot to me and my father. I'm going to get it fixed and I was thinking of replacing the glass, but since every scratch has its own story and memory I'll leave it as it is. Another funny thing is that I bought my seamaster AT when I graduated two years ago, partly thanks to gifts from my grandparents. So they make a nice couple

Here's the picture! (sorry about the quality and light, hard to see the dial at all...)
awesome story! man, i wish i met my grandfather and always wondered how different my life would be had i known him because i define myself a lot as being "his grandchild" to win local arguments ..
as for the watch, personally, i think changing the glass does not change the history of the watch just as much as an oil change doesn't change the history of a car
however i totally agree on not touching the watch itself otherwise and keeping it as is

Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Nice piece DJ! I have been considering picking this up.

Originally Posted by DJ
They are surprisingly very light and comfortable D.
DJ is correct. Very comfortable and light. I love mine.

Looked at a ceramic black one this weekend for the wife as well. Small and cool.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
This today...

I am starting to like my iPhone camera and all the Apps ^^^

Last edited by GrayTT; 05-31-2011 at 04:41 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Back shot of the Pam.

Wearing the Top Gun today.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:15 AM
Banned
That may be my next watch. I love it!

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?