Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by h20skier
this thread sucks I need to stop reading

My collection combined doesn't buy a watch box in ASG's.....Mine is a working man's groupo
I would give a majority of my collection, a kidney and one nut to have half the garage as you. Its a tough balance -

For me, its easier to justify putting my $ into watches - they depreciate less than most cars - to me they last longer too - but you have to buy the right watches, at the right prices.

I know some of you guys like this piece - I'm re-igniting my love affair with it.....

Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nice
Originally Posted by asg612
I would give a majority of my collection, a kidney and one nut to have half the garage as you. Its a tough balance -

For me, its easier to justify putting my $ into watches - they depreciate less than most cars - to me they last longer too - but you have to buy the right watches, at the right prices.

I know some of you guys like this piece - I'm re-igniting my love affair with it.....

Awesome Patek!!!!

and lol at the note in the back

Last edited by dillon733; 02-16-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I was referring to the sheer quantity of your collection Mark. You have like 30 watches.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the FM! Mark's drawers of watches are larger than his garage

Old 02-16-2011, 05:53 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute

Great watch, one of my favorite PPs! Definitely love your collectioN!
BTW- the car game is not about investing or trying to hedge depreciation. Although in general some people buy them as status symbols, most of the TS'ers have straight high octane in the blood.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Great watch, one of my favorite PPs! Definitely love your collectioN!
BTW- the car game is not about investing or trying to hedge depreciation. Although in general some people buy them as status symbols, most of the TS'ers have straight high octane in the blood.
I hear you and do understand that - I collect watches for the sheer love of the mechanical genius and meticulous finishing certain watchmakers/brand do to their movements.

My problem is - I want to own everything but there is a budget. So, I find myself buying/selling/trading over and over - I am never content for more than 2 3 months at a time. I grow tired of pieces and I wind up regretting parting with pieces - so for me, personally, I dont like to loose that often.

Cars - I'm the guy that has lost hundreds on cars - I buy what I love, but usually the market kicks me in the ass when I go to sell. I'm starting to lighten my watch load and am thinking of adding something else to the garage. This place doesnt help much, though....All I can think about are some of you all's garage shots.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I hear you and do understand that - I collect watches for the sheer love of the mechanical genius and meticulous finishing certain watchmakers/brand do to their movements.

My problem is - I want to own everything but there is a budget. So, I find myself buying/selling/trading over and over - I am never content for more than 2 3 months at a time. I grow tired of pieces and I wind up regretting parting with pieces - so for me, personally, I dont like to loose that often.

Cars - I'm the guy that has lost hundreds on cars - I buy what I love, but usually the market kicks me in the ass when I go to sell. I'm starting to lighten my watch load and am thinking of adding something else to the garage. This place doesnt help much, though....All I can think about are some of you all's garage shots.
You've only lost Hundreds on cars. Sheesh I am doing it wrong. I probably lost 4 or 5 PP 5960's in the last 3 years in depreciation

I've said it a bunch on here you can buy cars all you want and you will eventually run out of room for storage. With watches you never run out of room you just run out of money

Watches are so addictive and I've learned to maintain my budget and stay at certain price points. I know that some pieces may or may not hold value but I don't buy them for that. I buy for the sheer love of their look, their feel and just plain how cool watches are. I am glad I don't dive as deep as you ASG and honestly I'm glad I don't read up on all the makers. I'm sure I would really want to go deeper into my savings for some of the insane pieces out there.

I did take your advice and secured a new Blue Chrono do in 3 or 4 weeks from one of my local AD's for a nice price I hope, in fact cheaper than the 2 or 3 used ones I've seen so I'm happy and I really like my local watch guy so it worked out.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Member
rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
H20: what did you buy now?

Old 02-17-2011, 01:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Watches, Guns and Cars. These are fundamental guy things.

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?