Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Need DC Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Need DC Suggestions

Hey guys,

I'm looking for suggestions on places to stay, things to do, and places to eat in DC. Doing a little R&R and some tourist stuff there in 2 months and need some ideas.

What do you recommend?

Old 08-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, no one likes DC. Anyone, Bueler, Bueler?

DC FTL

Old 08-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
The Manadarin Oriental Hotel is on the waterfront, with quick access to some quality seafood restaurants, on the edge of NW DC.

If you are bringing a misses and want close access to shopping, the Ritz Carlton at Tyson's Corner is in a convenient location.

Regarding places to eat, there are a couple.

Citronelle - modern italian / french food, good eat. Georgetown

Kinkeads - good high brow seafood restaurant. Capitol Hill

Peking Gourmet Inn - run of the mill chinese, but great Peking Duck. Falls Church VA.

For a top notch dining experience, Inn @ Little Washington - about an hour outside of DC, one of those meals you don't do often LOL.

2941 - modern American food restaurant.

For quick and fun eats,

Ben's Chilli Bowl - yeah, chilli, hotdogs, good eats in DC.

Five Guys - decent burgers, chains are around the city.

Ledo's Pizza - a different take on pizza, pretty good. chain.

Give us some more ideas as to what you are trying to do, budget, who you are going with etc..

Old 08-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Four Seasons in Georgetown is very nice too. Very close to Downtown DC, plus you have great shopping and restaurents in G'town.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
make sure to stop by Old Ebbitt Grill, great lunch.

SKIP the Spy Museum, complete waste IMO. The zoo is great, esp. for the kids

How many days are you there? I've probably spent more days doing tourist stuff in D.C. then most residents (wife use to work across from the white house and i'd go spend a week with her every month for a year touring the city while she was in the office)

Old 08-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Jesus, guys. No one bothered to mention the new Gaylord National Resort @ National Harbor. It was only the largest construction project of its type in the country, Las Vegas excluded, which recently opened its doors in April after completion of its first phase.

It's minutes from both DC and Northern VA and overlooks the Potomac. Check it out. I have no affiliation.

Washington DC Resort Hotel - National Harbor Hotel - Maryland Resort - Maryland Convention Center

Last edited by KyzrSosa; 08-30-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RDuke
Wow, no one likes DC. Anyone, Bueler, Bueler?

DC FTL
So true you have no idea... If I didn't have a great job here, I'd be out!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
There is a great Iranian restaurant off route 7 behind the HBL dealership called Shamshiri, also for casual dining there is a great joint that sells chicken on the opposite side of route 7 called crisp and juicy. In george town opposite the for seasons there is a placed called George's king of falafel ( very casual) plus for 5 star dining there is a great restaurant in downtown DC not too far away from the White house called the Bombay club. Plus there is a great seafood restaurant in the Potomac harbor in George town I forgot its name but it is worth visiting the harbor whether you eat their or not. plus there is a French restaurant called Bistro(I think) on M street which is worth visiting. Plus go to Chevy Chase Maryland a lot of great restaurants and shopping there too.I second what Eddie said earlier Peking Gourmet has best peking duck I have ever had and 5 guys is a must go so. Man I miss DC

Last edited by like.no.other; 09-02-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!KyzrSosa You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by like.no.other
"...5 guys is a must go so. Man I miss DC
Agreed. Best over the counter burgers ever! Even better than that $13/$15 Kobe beef burger crap.

5 Guys = +1

Oh yeah, almost forgot...HBL Mercedes = -1M