Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

2 questions...Dollywood park/Virginia Beach

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
2 questions...Dollywood park/Virginia Beach

I am planning a small roadtrip. My route will be OH>KY>TN>VA>DC>PA(?)>Home....

I am going with my girlfriend and 7 year old daughter. I am thinking of stopping in Dollywood for the amusement park or Water park, and need some advice. Mainly, is it a decent park for a day trip...5 hours or so...? We usually go to Cedar Pointe in OH, and like that park a lot.

Is it clean, and has anyone here been there? Any commentary is welcome. The website looks good.

Also, I would like to go to a nice beach in the Virginia Beach area. Any recommendations for beaches or hotels there?

Thanks.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
There's a lot of rednecks at Dollywood. Ok, a ton.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Minidhinkle
There's a lot of rednecks at Dollywood. Ok, a ton.
I figured that, but is the park still worth a stop along the way from Memphis/Nashville to VA Beach?

It is halfway between Memphis and VA Beach. Any other recommendations besides the amusement park? Remember, I'm travelling with my girlfriend and 7 year old daughter.

Thanks

Old 07-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by miboxer96
I figured that, but is the park still worth a stop along the way from Memphis/Nashville to VA Beach?

It is halfway between Memphis and VA Beach. Any other recommendations besides the amusement park? Remember, I'm travelling with my girlfriend and 7 year old daughter.

Thanks
Well, if you bring your 996, we could have a meet and drive through the twisties.

There's not really any other stuff since it's not basketball or football season.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Minidhinkle
Well, if you bring your 996, we could have a meet and drive through the twisties.

There's not really any other stuff since it's not basketball or football season.

Thanks, but I'm taking the SUV for this trip. Too much time on the road to make my daughter sit in the back of the 996.

Has anyone been to Mammoth Cave? I plan to stop there....I hear it is pretty neat.

You ever been there, MiniD?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, we have our share of rednecks (rumor has it that some gray-headed guy has an M5 with a tubi-exhaust).

Tons of family things to do in Pigeon Forge including Dollywood.

I've been to Mammoth Caves to visit a shopping center but not the cave itself. I would recommend Chattanooga and Ruby Falls for a similiar experience in an area with more to do (Great Aquarium; Fun downtown).

Old 07-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by dhinkle
Yes, we have our share of rednecks (rumor has it that some gray-headed guy has an M5 with a tubi-exhaust).

Tons of family things to do in Pigeon Forge including Dollywood.

I've been to Mammoth Caves to visit a shopping center but not the cave itself. I would recommend Chattanooga and Ruby Falls for a similiar experience in an area with more to do (Great Aquarium; Fun downtown).

Thanks D,

I'll look those things up on the Interweb also...