Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Ecuador (South America)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Ecuador (South America)

TS,

As some of you know I was in Ecuador for a few weeks to start the new year (posted another thread in here) and promised some photos. Well here they are - sorry for the wait

What a great place this is - so untouched and unspoiled for the most part and unlike any other place in the world (Europe or Asia) i have visited. Very much looking forward to returning.

So we arrive into Quito which is the capital of the country. Travel about 30 minutes to the nice suburbs of the city - here is a view of a little village up on a hill during a hike we were on.

The architecture is very modern for the most part - here is my girlfriends family home - it was awesome!

Yes, we visited the actual Equator. It was so cool. I even checked it on my iPhone while standing right there on the "line" and it was ALMOST dead on 0 - 0. And to think that this was established hundreds and hundreds of years ago without any modern technology - insane!

Yes, we visited the Rain Forrest too

Our "Eco Resort" in the Rain Forrest/Mountains was awesome. All built around natural hot springs (Termas)...

Hanging with the locals

Yes i even found the local Porsche dealership there. 1 car in stock LOL!!!

The food was great. What i noticed the most was that the "freshness" of the food seemed to be the best feature. Its not that there were things there i hadnt ever seen - its just so fresh since its all grown there/local to the area. Most things i ate were NEVER frozen or transported from another region. Def noticed it in the food/flavors.

The coffee was good too!! (right next to Columbia so it ought to be!)

Overall it was a great time. I saw the city and the jungle. It was definately a land of extremes. The landscapes change quickly and the people are either VERY poor or well off. No middle class. That being said, the people of Ecuador are what make it special. They are so welcoming and friendly - i was treated so well everywhere i went it was great. Cant wait to go back soon!!!

Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Great write up and pics!
My grand mother was born in Guayaquil and lived in Quito in the 1903-1910 period before her family went back to Lebanon. I definitely plan on visiting that country some day.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Green
Great write up and pics!
My grand mother was born in Guayaquil and lived in Quito in the 1903-1910 period before her family went back to Lebanon. I definitely plan on visiting that country some day.
Thank you. I hope to get over to the coast (Guayaquil, etc) next time i visit.

I think you should put it on your list man - it was a great place for sure.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:49 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Lots of text and pics of you. Next time more pics of her please

But seriously, some great vistas. I like the city to jungle change. We did similar in Costa Rica a couple of summers ago. Central and South America have quite a few gems. I hope to be able to explore more soon.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:59 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome!!!! Damn it, now I want to go to Ecuador. I think I need to just spend a summer travelling to places in Central and South America. Good stuff Jon!

Old 03-04-2012, 05:30 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
great writeup!

Old 03-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ljg
Lots of text and pics of you. Next time more pics of her please

But seriously, some great vistas. I like the city to jungle change. We did similar in Costa Rica a couple of summers ago. Central and South America have quite a few gems. I hope to be able to explore more soon.
LOL....i will post some more pictures later tonight.

Originally Posted by mafishman1
Awesome!!!! Damn it, now I want to go to Ecuador. I think I need to just spend a summer travelling to places in Central and South America. Good stuff Jon!
I think you do too Matt. Traveling is the best thing there is --- really is a great way to spend your time and money. I am looking forward to my next Ecuador trip already....

Originally Posted by ECB
great writeup!
Thanks man!

Old 03-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Some more photos from ECUADOR.....

Cool blankets we bought at the market in Ibbarra, Ecuador

My GF showing me around her city (Quito)

Lunch at a friends house - this is their back patio area just after a brief rain shower (it hardly ever rains there - weather is usually 65 and sunny 365 days a year)

Old 03-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Few more.....

leaving our hotel in the mountains (i loved this place and the design of it)

Great new restaurant in downtown Quito that we tried (and liked it so much we went back again the next night lol)

Old 03-06-2012, 05:47 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
this pic tells more than a thousand words....
guess you had an unforgettable time there!
thanks for sharing all that with us!

Quick Reply: Ecuador (South America)