Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Nyc 4 nye

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Nyc 4 nye

Thinking of surprising the wife with a trip to NYC for new years... Any suggestions? I know last minute, but was hoping some of our locals could chime in.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
All the New Yorkers on this site and no one has any feedback?

Old 11-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Just skip Times Square whatever you do. Cold and crowded. Otherwise, NYC is great around the holidays. Only time I find it's worth going back. Suggestions as to what to do is too broad of a question. Sort of like giving GrayTT suggestions on what to buy next; there's just too many options

Old 11-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned
`lol, ya wasn't going to do the TS thing.. Thinking one of the "parties" they have at all the posh hotels... seem like a blast. Anyone stay at the Standard?

Old 11-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Never stayed at the standard but I would suggest getting on top of it soon. Im just finalizing plans with a group for going out and we are already running out of options of a where to stay.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Banned
options seem plentiful if your willing to spend the coin... $475+ a night seem to be lots available.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
Are you and your wife foodies, museum folk, nightlife/stage lovers - what? Give us some help (I'm from SoCal so what do I know -hahahah)!

I did a F/S/S surprise 40th there for my wife this year: flew in to JFK in First, driver to Andaz 5th Ave (new Hyatt brand), did several foodie things (a Batali joint, Meyer's burger place at Ground Zero, a Jean-George place, etc.), did 1 tourist thing (Empire State Building top - awesome pictures), did the Eatly market (lunch there too), shopping (Time Warner after brunch at Landmarc there), snacked, and finished with a new ring from the flagship Tiffany's via private shopper and tour, and then did a group surprise dinner at Otto with a cake and drinks for the party afterwards at The Modern. Flew out next morning as Obama was landing for the dedication. Great weekend. Broke and exhausted.

Go for it - part of the memory will be the unknown.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Banned
Moving,

we have been there before so this will be a less touristy trip more FOOD/WINE + Shopping and ringing in the NY... How did you like Andaz?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I've been to the standard a few times (awesome beer garden next door).

But honestly, every place worth going to is packed on NYE. You'll wait longer, pay more, and be rushed by staff. I'm not being a Downer but I live here and know what it's like on the busy weekends.

I'd come the week after. You guys will have the place to yourself and be able to enjoy everything the city has to offer.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
I've been to the standard a few times (awesome beer garden next door).

But honestly, every place worth going to is packed on NYE. You'll wait longer, pay more, and be rushed by staff. I'm not being a Downer but I live here and know what it's like on the busy weekends.

I'd come the week after. You guys will have the place to yourself and be able to enjoy everything the city has to offer.
I hear ya, but spending NYE in NYC is something she has wanted to do for a while now....