Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Traveling to Italy. Need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Traveling to Italy. Need some advice.

What's up team. I just found out today that I was accepted into a study abroad program in Rome, Italy. Needless to say I'm very excited about this opportunity.

I'll be in Rome for about three months and one thing that I absolutely HAVE to do is see the Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Pagani factories. Looking at Google Maps I see that they are all within a 1 hour drive to visit all three.

The one problem that I have is I dont know how to go about this AT ALL. The last time I was in Rome I was lucky enough to drive around the Ferrari Factory and even drive an F430 (which I will be doing again except this time I believe it will be a 458 Italia ) but that was about the extent of it all.

If anyone has had experience with this could you please let me know the things that I absolutely must see i.e. galleries, museums, tracks, etc. as well as what the best way to go about this is. I know there are companies out there with shuttles to all of the factories and such that offer in depth tours but I would really like to know which one would be the best, if they are worth it or if I should just do it at my own pace on my own.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if it is possible to rent a car/motorcycle/scooter if you are 20 years old?

So yea, if you have any input at all it would be greatly appreciated

Old 10-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Have a good friend who lives in Rome. He only has scooter and a Motorcycle. Driving a car in Rome is not a good plan parking is very ltd. Just be careful these people know how to ride

Old 10-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Haha thanks for the warning. I've been to Rome before and you're right they don't **** around! I think I can hold my own though The car wouldn't be to drive around Rome though it would just be to get me up to Modena, around, and back for a day.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
FYI there is and endless amount of sites to see in and around Rome.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I saw kids driving on a Vespa, so that shouldn't be a problem.

You should go to Pisa, there's a tower and some other old stuff
Firenze is nice too, lots of really cool, old buildings.

I also recommend a road trip in Tuscany, it's sublime, truly amazing, I've been there twice. (If you need some detailed info, feel free to send me a pm)

The Pagani, Ferrari and Lamborghini factories are great, it's good that you're going to visit them. I've made an article about a Lamborghini museum, you can check it out if you want.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:40 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
When in Modena stay at the Real Fini. Great hotel, good location. I love that place. Lambo is about a 20 minute drive, Pagani and Ferrari about 15. I would recommend going to the Ducati museum, nicely done, on the roof of the factory. Closes as 4:00 as does the factory. It's in Bolgnia, about a 30 minute drive from Lambo.

If you get to Lamborghini ask to see the service/maintence area. All customer cars there to be worked on. See some really old cool stuff. Unless you currently own and can provide your VIN Ferrari does not offer tours. Memorbilia shop and cool. make sure you eat at the little restaraunt, it's very good.

Pagani is oddly enough in a very residential neighborhood, they are currently building a new plant. My buddy Mark and I were the first Americans ever to visit the factory. Horacio had his assistant go out the day before to buy an American flag. When we arrived he was proud to show us the Italian and American flage flying next to each other. Very nice man.

If you need any advice please feel free to PM me. Enjoy!