Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Going to Montreal.. need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Going to Montreal.. need some advice.

Hey guys,

Here for some quick advice on places to eat/drink and have fun in Montreal. I should be going there this Friday, 9/16, and I gotta come up with a nice dinner place, and probably some drinks/entertainment after hours.

What do you suggest? I'll be staying at Hotel de la Montagne, so it's a big plus if it's close. But there's no reason why I can't drive or take a cab somewhere else.

This will be my first trip to Canada, so I know nothing.

No titty bars, I'll be going with a girl.

Thanks!

Old 09-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
What kind of things are you looking for exactly...i could stear you in so many diff directions...what age range are you if you dont mind my asking...that will also help me direct you to the right bars/lounge/restos.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:26 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Before you answer...here few places...

http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/en/loca...-montreal-keg/

MONTREAL LUXURY HOTELS: Hotel Nelligan a Montreal Luxury Hotel

Gibbys Restaurant - Old Montreal, Saint-Sauveur

Barraca Rhumerie & Tapas – 1134 Avenue du Mont-Royal Est

SAINT-SULPICE

http://www.brutopia.net/

http://ste-elisabeth.com/

http://www.boustan.ca/ (BEST Shish taok wrap youll EVER have)

http://www.irish-embassy.com/

http://www.ristorantecavalli.com/index_en.html

http://www.rosalierestaurant.com/

http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/

http://www.wokcafe.ca/eng/

You MUST make your way to the OLD PORT to walk around in the afternoon...youll probably even stumble onto one the out door terrasse restaurant bars while your there...its a GREAT time in September...nice and cool breeze by the water...lots of tourist stuff going on...the Old City is nostalgic.

Here is the site for the METRO system...The stops are very near most the places i referenced above...if you have any questions about WHICH stops to get off and what not dont hesitate to ask sir.

http://www.stm.info/English/a-somm.htm

Last edited by McRae; 09-12-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for your help!

We have a hotel, so we are all set in that department. We gonna arrive there sometime late afternoon on a Friday, so we gotta grab some dinner. That Gibby's place doesn't look too bad. Not looking for anything holy crap expensive, so <300 bucks for 2 I guess is the "budget" for dinner. I just don't wanna end up in the "Olive Garden" of Canada, you know. I guess if I had a preference Seafood place would take the cake, but I'm flexiable any suggestions?

After that just looking for some fun, what are some good lounges in the area. I don't drink beer, if it matters.

Saturday would be just sight seeing, you mentioned to go to the old port - anywhere specific? Any other ideas are welcome.

Again, THANKS!

Old 09-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
I'm gonna have to finish looking at all those places later on tonight, but thanks for the suggestions that you've provided so far.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Tsar
Thanks for your help!

We have a hotel, so we are all set in that department. We gonna arrive there sometime late afternoon on a Friday, so we gotta grab some dinner. That Gibby's place doesn't look too bad. Not looking for anything holy crap expensive, so <300 bucks for 2 I guess is the "budget" for dinner. I just don't wanna end up in the "Olive Garden" of Canada, you know. I guess if I had a preference Seafood place would take the cake, but I'm flexiable any suggestions?

After that just looking for some fun, what are some good lounges in the area. I don't drink beer, if it matters.

Saturday would be just sight seeing, you mentioned to go to the old port - anywhere specific? Any other ideas are welcome.

Again, THANKS!
None the places i sugested there are "Olive Garden" tacky...trust me...

If you dont drink beer...the Baraka Rhumerie is good (some the best Mojitos around and nice lil terrasse in the back)...you can also check out "The Distillery" its focused on everything BUT beer.

La Distillerie | pubdistillerie.com | Montral, Qc

For seafood i cant help you really in that area...im not a seafood guy...

Check out GARDE MANGEZ in the Old Port as well...call in advance to see if they have space...its POPULAR and about 200-300 for 2 peeps...its owned and managed by Chuck Hughes...of "Chucks Day Off" show on Food Network...

..· Chuck Hughes ·..

Just MAKE it to the Old Port anywhere is good youll have fun walking through the old streets on cobble stone roads...its a mini adventure...Take a taxi there or just walk down from your Hotel its not that far...and or take the metro to "Place D`arme" or "Champ de Mars" stop on the Orange line direction "Montmorency"

BTW...i posted this thread in the MONTREAL section to get some the other local TSers to chime in and give some feedback as well...

Last edited by McRae; 09-12-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Do you plan on clubbing? You mentioned after hours.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:39 PM
If your around on Sunday...check this out...

Piknic Electronik

Old 09-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Most likely it's a no on clubbing, just looking to get out somewhere after dinner and drink some more. I mean, it's accomplishable at the restaurant, but change of scenery is nice too. So, I guess a non shitty bar will do.

And seafood isn't mandatory, I'll eat anything besides Thai food.

McRae, I won't be around on Sunday, most likely. Sunday is my study day, so I would probably be leaving sometime Saturday evening.

Stupid question, can I use US dollars or just use of of my credit cards in Montreal? Or do I have to get Canadian money? I know in Russia they will let you use US dollars, but they will rape you on the exchange rate..

Old 09-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tsar
Most likely it's a no on clubbing, just looking to get out somewhere after dinner and drink some more. I mean, it's accomplishable at the restaurant, but change of scenery is nice too. So, I guess a non shitty bar will do.

And seafood isn't mandatory, I'll eat anything besides Thai food.

McRae, I won't be around on Sunday, most likely. Sunday is my study day, so I would probably be leaving sometime Saturday evening.

Stupid question, can I use US dollars or just use of of my credit cards in Montreal? Or do I have to get Canadian money? I know in Russia they will let you use US dollars, but they will rape you on the exchange rate..
Id just get some CAN moneys and or use your CC...less hassle...Dont know where theyd take it and or wouldnt...PM BARRISTER and ALZILLA...they prob could tell you more about places that take it or not or what they did when they came up here for GP.

Quick Reply: Going to Montreal.. need some advice.