Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

The OFFICIAL Monaco and French Riviera Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013 | 02:13 PM
twi
Teamspeed Junior Member
twi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MONACO BODYGUARDS™
I sure hope you will make it tomorrow.......
I will be there. I have an extra ticket for K2 Row W if you know anyone who is looking for one.

Today was incredibly exciting. The weather was an absolute wildcard. In Q1 and Q2, it was obvious that the teams had to go out and try to put up their best lap on each lap. Only in the drying Q3 did the traditional 'save your best for last' really come into play.

This is my first trip to Monaco - I've never been north of St. Tropez in the past - and I am having a great time.

Thanks for your tips/comments in this as well as other threads.

Tal

Old 05-25-2013 | 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to behold
And a pic from me:

Attached Images  

Last edited by TEFF; 05-25-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2013 | 04:43 PM
twi
Teamspeed Junior Member
twi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TEFF
And a pic from me:
You are just a bit down from where I am - I would assume +/- K6 from the photos. The "K" grandstands are pretty cool.

I Hope you have a great time at the race tomorrow!

From my seat today on row P in K2:

Name:  Monaco1_zps6530f673.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  128.7 KB

Old 05-25-2013 | 05:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura about
shots from GP ?

Old 05-25-2013 | 05:59 PM
twi
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Alexscud
shots from GP ?
Yep, but my pictures will suck as this one did. I sent my wife off to a wine trip through the Rhone Valley with three of her girlfriends and both the good camera as well as the small point and shoot, so all I have is my phone.

If my wife is ready to cut me loose in Nice/Monaco to watch the GP and all she asks for is the good cameras, I am OK with that.

Funny story, Tina and I were discussing our planned trip and my solo diversion to the Monaco GP with a friend who has a lot of experience there. His direct quote:

"Tina, you have nothing to worry about sending Tal to Monaco solo. He is neither rich enough, nor good looking enough to get into any real trouble in Monaco"

Ah, for the luxury of being poor enough and ugly enough to be trusted by my wife.

Tal

Old 05-26-2013 | 05:01 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by twi
I will be there. I have an extra ticket for K2 Row W if you know anyone who is looking for one.

Today was incredibly exciting. The weather was an absolute wildcard. In Q1 and Q2, it was obvious that the teams had to go out and try to put up their best lap on each lap. Only in the drying Q3 did the traditional 'save your best for last' really come into play.

This is my first trip to Monaco - I've never been north of St. Tropez in the past - and I am having a great time.

Thanks for your tips/comments in this as well as other threads.

Tal

You will enjoy it today. Especially if it is your first time.

Post up some live pics from the race.

And thank you for the nice words, I appreciate it.

Old 05-26-2013 | 05:03 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by twi
Yep, but my pictures will suck as this one did. I sent my wife off to a wine trip through the Rhone Valley with three of her girlfriends and both the good camera as well as the small point and shoot, so all I have is my phone.

If my wife is ready to cut me loose in Nice/Monaco to watch the GP and all she asks for is the good cameras, I am OK with that.

Funny story, Tina and I were discussing our planned trip and my solo diversion to the Monaco GP with a friend who has a lot of experience there. His direct quote:

"Tina, you have nothing to worry about sending Tal to Monaco solo. He is neither rich enough, nor good looking enough to get into any real trouble in Monaco"

Ah, for the luxury of being poor enough and ugly enough to be trusted by my wife.

Tal

It is always nice when people underestimate you. That opens for possibilities....

Old 05-26-2013 | 05:04 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by twi
You are just a bit down from where I am - I would assume +/- K6 from the photos. The "K" grandstands are pretty cool.

Enjoy it today, and please post up more pics!

Nice seat by the way....

Old 05-26-2013 | 06:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by twi

K8 grandstand, row G, seats 55, 54 for Saturday

row F, seats 97,98 today. Amazing race.

Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2013 | 09:16 AM
twi
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sunday was exciting. Was on row W, which in K2 is the next to the top row so I could see back over to the Pit Out as well as the corner that had Massa's number all week. I could not have been happier with the seats, only thing better would have been one row higher on the top row.

Name:  monacorestart1_zpsbeafe8bc.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  109.9 KB
Name:  monacomaldonado1_zps8dc63e3d.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  116.1 KB
Name:  monacomassa3_zps9d98a7e8.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  95.2 KB
Name:  monacomassa2_zpsace6977c.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  96.7 KB
Name:  monacomassa1_zps09b10301.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  105.5 KB
Name:  monacoharbor1_zpsa0f69099.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  74.2 KB
Name:  Monacoview1_zps5cc3691d.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  107.6 KB
Name:  Monacoview2_zps880bb514.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  95.6 KB

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Monaco and French Riviera Thread.