Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

The OFFICIAL Monaco and French Riviera Thread.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Monaco
Cars

MATCHBOX Cars

My first Lamborghini was a MATCHBOX......

Super pics by my friend Kevin Stec

Attached Images     
Old 06-03-2016, 06:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
French Riviera
"Cars"

I had a very big collection and all sorts of MATCHBOX Accessories.... All I wanted for Christmas or Birthday.... was another car.

MATCHBOX

MATCHBOX was a popular toy brand which was introduced by British toymaker Lesney Products in 1953, and is now owned by Mattel, Inc. The brand was named as the original die-cast Matchbox toys, which were sold in boxes similar in style and size to those in which matches were sold.

The story
The concept of these tiny die-cast models was the response of a father, Jack Odell, to a rule at his daughter’s school stating that pupils were only allowed to bring in toys that would fit inside a matchbox. Odell, a school dropout who later joined the Royal Army Service Corps, was by this time working for a die-casting company, Lesney Products (itself set up by two British ex-servicemen, Leslie Smith and Rodney Smith in 1947). Working out of a bombed-out Tottenham pub called The Rifleman, Lesney spent the early Fifties moving away from producing small products for industrial use towards making die-cast toys. Believing this direction to be a lost cause, Rodney Smith quit the company in 1951, leaving it in the hands of Leslie Smith and Odell, who was by then a partner. A year later Odell had his brainwave, creating a scaled-down version of an existing Lesney toy, the model road roller, packaging it in a matchbox and sending it with his daughter to school. It was an instant hit: with his little toys, Odell was on to something big.

Matchbox, along with Corgi and Dinky, turned Britain into the dominant force in die-cast models. To date, there have been more than 12,000 individual model lines, and total production exceeds three billion. If placed bumper-to-bumper they would circle the Earth more than six times – assuming they could be prized from the possessive fingers of their owners. Those owners, of course, are no longer just children either; the phenomenon of collecting Matchbox cars emerged in the Seventies and is still going strong.

MATCHBOX

Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2016, 05:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The French Rivera. The truth.
Nice - Marseilles

Here in this thread you have all seen the nice automotive exotics & super yachts in Monaco, pop stars shopping in Nice, the beautiful supermodels - female movie stars at the Film Festival in Cannes and the azure blue water at the surrounding beaches of St.-Tropez. But under the surface, everything is quite different from what it appears to be....The French Riviera is definitively not what it used to be. Follow this series, to learn about what is really going on....It's called ...."The French Rivera. The truth."

Strikes, violence and chaos

After weeks and weeks of nationwide protests against a planned labour law reform, which have blocked refineries, led to fuel shortages and disrupted train schedules. France is staring down the barrel of a long summer of strikes, petrol shortages and travel disruption thanks to a series of protracted disputes between the government and a variety of unions. Not to mention all the trouble, all the fighting. Police cars burning and very violent clashes between police and demonstrators.

Euro 2016 Nice - Marseilles

My advice: STAY AWAY from the Euro 2016, spend your holidays another place!! France don't deserve your business, they don't deserve your money. You can only put 20L of fuel at the time, that will bring you nowhere. You’d be forgiven for an immense feeling of déjŕ vu when you hear the French air traffic controllers are talking about striking.... It would be their 47th strike since 2009. That is so sick.

Don't buy a flight ticket to France, you will regret it. Given their propensity to stage industrial action, and the lack of movement in discussion with the government, it is highly likely these will not be the last strikes of the summer. Numerous roadblocks set up around France and some drivers has been stranded for days. That is no joke. After riot police used tear gas to scatter picket lines at a giant Total refinery near Marseille, the head of the CGT, Phillipe Martinez, said that the government had made a “declaration of war”. He called for strikes in all eight French refineries, of which only five have been blocked or partially blocked until now.

So in short, France is not safe and there might be all sorts of trouble. If the French Police can't protect themselves, how can they protect you??? Both Nice and especially Marseilles are already dangerous cities....

French Police in big trouble....

Old 06-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
French Riviera NEWS
Marseilles region

Now they are shooting at tourists....That is so sick, who does that???

Shots fired at Czech tourist bus

Six people travelling on a Czech tourist bus through France were injured when the vehicle came under fire. The bus was travelling from Spain to the Czech Republic when it was hit on Saturday night. Authorities gave no clue as to the motive for the shooting, along the A7 highway near Drôme in the south of France - roughly halfway between Lyon and Marseille. Initial investigations indicated the shot was fired from a hunting rifle.

Prosecutor Alex Perrin said the injured were hit by shattered glass. The bus was carrying 75 tourists including children on a school trip. Five people suffered light injuries, while the sixth was more serious. Among the six people injured by broken glass was a child. One passenger suffered a serious eye injury.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Dear all,

A few weeks ago I attended the Monaco F1 historic GP – what can I say? Well everything has impressed me very much.
First the car issue:

Monaco historic GP: one of the best car events I ever attended, perfect organization, low prices for a ticket (25€ a day), very nice F1 cars (pity though they stop at 1977 – newer cars should be allowed as well), the sounds of the car is just great. The only other car event that I have attended that can compete it with are certain track days (Modena Motorsport trackday) at Spa – Goodwood I do not - unlike many – find so attractive, yes, more important people are there, but unlike in Spa or Monaco – where there cars are really driven around a racetrack, they just do some straight line acceleration in Goodwood – it misses the “racing”. My impression was that 80% of the seats were occupied so the turnout was good. I will back in 2 years – FOR SURE.

The touristic part:
Arrival: take a place to Nice – mostly cheap from major EU airports, once in Nice take a train to Monaco – 4 stops, Monaco has a new station, well done – the first highlight is the train travel along the coast – very nice, train takes about 25 minutes, tickets were 12€ for 3-4 days or rail usage, so getting there is fast, cheap, nice views = perfect.
Monaco itself: very clean place, if there is not an F1 GP you can sense this is a quiet and safe place. The next positive surprise: prices – yes prices – restaurants, bars, seem not more expensive than in other EU capitals – for sure cheaper than in London – far cheaper. Next thing: customer service very good and very friendly, I took a beer in “Brasserie Monaco”..I think I paid 4€ and got free slices of Pizza as well – the pizza was very good. The shops are of course expensive but although Im not a an expert in Prada and Gucci, etc. I could see the shops are just like a museum, every article is presented on a “golden plate” unlike the big shopping centers in many big EU capitals being for the masses.
To sum it, I have been travelling in my life already to many places, mostly for work, Zürich, Paris, Milan, Moscow, Geneva, Madrid, London (lived there for some time), Brussels, Amsterdam, Cophenhagen..and so on – from all the places in Europe 2 have impressed me: Zürich/Switzerland and Monaco – to a certain degree also Nice. In the end a weekend trip in Monaco might cost you and your girlfriend/wife less than in London – with better quality and service throughout!.

Here you find a link on some places to go in Monaco. http://www.montecarlosbm.com/bars-lo...nd-night-club/
I would like to thanks Monaco Bodyguards again for his help.

PS: Yes I agree – the French strikes are a serious issue – very serious – when I landed in Nice for example public transport was on strike – nonetheless, despite the negative aspect the area has to offer so much more then the big cities like Paris or London (which are just a mess if you ask me) its probably part of the price to pay. Once one has arrived in Monaco one is not affected by it anyway.

PS II: pictures to follow in the next days..

All the best,

Old 06-09-2016, 05:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
French Riviera. The truth.
Nice

Here in this thread you have all seen the nice automotive exotics & super yachts in Monaco, pop stars shopping in Nice, the beautiful supermodels - female movie stars at the Film Festival in Cannes and the azure blue water at the surrounding beaches of St.-Tropez. But under the surface, everything is quite different from what it appears to be....The French Riviera is definitively not what it used to be. Follow this series, to learn about what is really going on....It's called ...."The French Rivera. The truth."

There is absolutely no place for this kind of thinking and behaviour in Europe. They are so lucky that I was not around, but one day... There are so many gang members, small time criminals, turned fanatics - in the bad areas of Nice like Les Moulins, l'Ariane and Pasteur.

In Nice, a muslim waitress was attacked for serving alcohol

Police have launched a criminal investigation after a Muslim waitress in the south of France was attacked for serving alcohol on the first day of Ramadan. The horrifying assault took place in Nice, the seaside city that will play host to thousands of football fans attending Euro 2016 next week. Politicians immediately claimed that the incident was an example of the growing influence of religious extremism in France.

The woman, who is of Tunisian origin, said one of the men then told her in Arabic: ‘You should be ashamed of yourself serving alcohol in the Ramadan period.’ Ramadan is the time when Muslims abstain from eating, drinking, and smoking from dawn until dusk. As well as calling her a ‘whore’, the waitress said one shouted: ‘If I was God, I would have hung you.’ CCTV footage allegedly catches one of the men punching the woman to the ground. The bar’s owner, identified only as Nacim, said: ‘The whole scene was recorded by the security cameras that I gave to the police.’

The two men were soon identified – one as an illegal migrant known for his extremist views, but they are tonight still on the run. The waitress said she always observed Ramadan herself, explaining: ‘It’s not because I serve alcohol that I’m not fulfilling my duty. I do it because I’m a waitress. In Tunisia, I did the same job and never had the slightest problem.’ ‘I didn’t think that in France, a free country, I would have been assaulted like that.’ Last year, three men were given six month suspended prison sentences in Nice for threatening a baker who sold ham sandwiches, saying he was ‘not a good Muslim’, for serving the outlawed meat. MP Mr Ciotti added: ‘Each attack like this strikes a severe blow against the values of the French Republic.’

Azure blue water.... but under the surface, everything is quite different from what it appears to be...

Attached Images   
Old 06-10-2016, 07:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
French Riviera NEWS
Marseilles - Euro 2016

Marseilles is a very though place. Follow here and read the story.

Very violent clashes in Marseilles

Last night there were very violent clashes in the Marseilles. The British were were baited, and then attacked. Thee British were drunk as usual, but did nothing bad. Suddenly a French gang of youths appeared and started attacking, and throwing stuff - then the police showed up and fired tear gas. They were targeted by youths with different kind of weapons and they were shouting "Get the English". It was a really nasty attack. The gang knew exactly where the British were, and clearly wanted to hurt them. The clashes erupted shortly after midnight in the French city's Old Port area where hundreds of travelling supporters had spent Thursday drinking. England supporters had gathered en masse outside the Queen Victoria pub, and O'Malley's, an Irish bar next door, ahead of the Three Lions first group game of Euro 2016 against Russia on Saturday.

The locals turned up with the intention of provoking the English supporters. There's not huge numbers of England fans in town yet. People were drinking and having a bit of a sing-song all day, the French police were very relaxed, letting them get on with it. Then a group of around 30 to 40 locals turned up, with the intention of provoking the England fans to see if they could get a rise out of them. Police first responded to the violence at around 11.45pm and by midnight ambulances were arriving. Riot police, undercover officers brandishing stun guns and truncheons picked off anybody behaving badly.

By the early hours, police had blocked off roads around the Old Port, using dogs and vans to stop traffic getting through. Meanwhile, gangs of local thugs could be seen taunting England fans who were trying to get back to their hotels. Football fans are risking an unprecedented security threat in France this week – from hooliganism and terrorism. It follows warnings from a range of security agencies, ranging from MONACO BODYGUARDS, the U.S. State Department to French police that Islamic State terrorists are planning to strike.

Extra security
Bars and bistros in France have been banned from screening matches on large outdoor televisions, amid fears of a terrorist attack on fans. The Marseille authorities are also prohibiting swimming on the city's beach during screenings of matches. A one-mile exclusion zone, patrolled by the coastguard, the maritime gendarmerie and navy, is being set up to prevent a Tunisia-style atrocity.

Young foreign small time gangsters

Old 06-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough

pictures...some..

Old 06-12-2016, 04:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The French Rivera. The truth.

Here in this thread you have all seen the nice automotive exotics & super yachts in Monaco, pop stars shopping in Nice, the beautiful supermodels - female movie stars at the Film Festival in Cannes and the azure blue water at the surrounding beaches of St.-Tropez. But under the surface, everything is quite different from what it appears to be....

The French Riviera is definitively not what it used to be. Follow this series, to learn about what is really going on....It's called ...."The French Rivera. The truth."

Marseilles

And talking about Euro 16 Marseilles is a very dangerous place. It is the Napoli of France and northern Marseille has the poorest districts of the poorest city in France. Here lives only a blend of North Africans, Africans, Asians and Roma. The richer mostly white areas is situated south of the city centre. All the organised crime of the French Riviera passes through here – Corsicans, Sicilians."

Proportionally, Marseille (population 800,000), has almost as many drug-related murders as New York (population 8,000,000). In the late 1990's the police stopped the biggest of the old crime gangs. Since then the young foreign in the poorer estates have gradually taken over the local drugs trade. The old gangsters had a code of honour but not the new ones, but the kids can buy guns for next to nothing and they use them for next to nothing. Marseilles is France's "Kalashnikov capital". Almost 400 Kalashnikovs are intercepted per year.... Cocaine is set to flood the streets and drug dealers are expected to hound Brits offering cannabis. Prostitution is on the rise in the city and there are also fears fans could be caught up in gang fights.

Marseilles the TV-Series

I have seen all the first season, eight episodes, of "Marseille" starring Gérard Depardieu - the series is the first French original production for Netflix. It is seeable - not brilliant and nor entirely terrible but interesting and it will give you at least an idea of "the French way". . "Marseilles" is a drama of political intrigue, corruption and gang warfare.

Marseilles the TV-Series

Old 06-15-2016, 06:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Dear all,

A few weeks ago I attended the Monaco F1 historic GP – what can I say? Well everything has impressed me very much.

I would like to thanks Monaco Bodyguards again for his help.
@ jumping horse. Thank you for some GREAT posts and the kind words.

Looking forward to see your historic car and the set up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Monaco and French Riviera Thread.