Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

NYC for Memorial Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
NYC for Memorial Day weekend

I'm heading to NYC for a few days over Memorial Day weekend with my family before going to Connecticut for my grandma's burial. I haven't been there before so I'm looking for fun things to do. Ideally, I'd like to find some little hole in the wall places to grab a good bite to eat, relaxing bars or jazz clubs to grab a drink, stuff like that. My plan is to avoid the majority of the touristy stuff (although I do want to see Times Square and Statue of Liberty while I'm there) but I'd really like to just walk around and experience the city as if I was a local and enjoy the sights and sounds the city has to offer.

So, if you have any suggestions on things to do in a couple days, let's here 'em! If you're in the area and want to try to meet up, I might have a few hours to kill.

Thanks.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
- I always suggest one of my favorite casual places, Les Halles. It is Anthony Bourdain's place and the French-American cuisine is excellent- and very reasonably priced. There are two locations. The downtown one is a block back from Ground Zero in case that was one of your destinations.

- I say stay away from the usual Midtown touristy stuff and spend the day walking around SoHo. As a photog, you will have a field day if the weather is nice. It is more cultural with a ton of "hole in the wall" type places you can hop around to. The weekend offers tons of street art which is an event in itself.

Also, Memorial Day weekend will be overloaded with tourists. It could make for a downright annoying trip unless you go off the beaten path.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
What are some of the good bway shows in NYC? Any decent places to stay for 3 nights around $250/night?