Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Baltimore MD

Old 02-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Baltimore MD

TS,

Just thought i would start a thread here on a cool city that i recently visited. Baltimore MD.

I know many will pass over this place as there are far more "desirable" cities to travel too - but let me tell you - this is a great place to go for a nice weekend getaway or as part of a larger trip to the DC/Philly area. It is also a GREAT place to go if you have kids.

First off - here is a cool hotel option if you are a young person who likes to party or traveling as a couple - http://www.monaco-baltimore.com/

I recommend the simple upgrade to the Med Suite --- really great room and well worth the few extra bucks.

Then after you poke around the Inner Harbor (tons of sights, shops, places to eat, etc) you can go to PAZO for dinner. Good food. Better atmosphere.PAZO :::: Here. Now. Baltimore's Mediterranean restaurant and night club.

If you have anything to share/add to this thread feel free - or if you have questions dont hesitate to ask me. I have been going to Baltimore for many years - have stayed in almost all the hotels and have tried lots of the good places to eat.

Cheers!

Old 02-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The Orioles suck.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
The Orioles suck.
That they do.

However, Camden Yards is a GREAT place to see a game. Awesome stadium with a cool vibe and a great view out over the city/harbor.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Camden Yards is great.

But they stole Vlad. I miss big Vlad in the Angel lineup.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Did you visit the aquarium?

Old 02-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Camden Yards is great.

But they stole Vlad. I miss big Vlad in the Angel lineup.
All is fair in love and washed up power hitters

Originally Posted by AudiRS
Did you visit the aquarium?
Not this most recent visit but i have been many times. My family were actually members back when i was a kid so we would go for all sorts of different events. Its great!!!

Old 05-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Thanks for letting me know about this thread! Sorry, I should have searched first. Then I would've known to eat at Pazo!

At any rate, I'll throw in a few recommendations since this is here (and I guess, in the process, bump this back to the top).

The Hotel Monaco was definitely a cool hotel with a very boutique feel. Cool rooms, just ask for a view if you can because there's definitely a few rooms with views of...walls. I asked for a view and got a pretty cool view of the city:

As far as dining goes:

Charleston: Pricey, but Chef Wolf definitely executes. You can go with a 3, 4, 5, or 6 course meal, and if you decide to go with some heavier dishes (ie Pan-Seared Foie Gras, Grilled Buffalo Tenderloin), you might want to stick with less dishes. I went with 5 and ended up wishing I had gone with a lot less. Fantastic food though.

Shots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/varints...7626755447910/

Obrycki's: I was told this was one of the best places to get steamed crab. An associate and I got 12 large blue for $62, which was definitely plenty of food (although it's a good bit of work getting it out). Obrycki's uses their own blend of spices that comes off as very peppery but certainly doesn't hide the flavor of the crab. I was too full to try the crab cakes, but I've heard they're some of the best in the country, so if you're still hungry, give them a shot. Very good, grab a hammer and get crackin!

Piedigrotta: Cool, small Italian bakery that is owned and operated by the man who invented the Tiramisu. Everything is made in house, and given that it's a bit out of the way from the Inner Harbor and Little Italy, it doesn't get a lot of business - it's like a hidden gem. But if you have time on an afternoon (they seem to close at 6), make your way out and grab a cappuccino and Tiramisu. You won't regret it.

At any rate, an interesting city with lots of history and loads of character. While not the first place that comes to mind as far as tourism goes, it definitely has its quirks that makes it plenty of fun to visit. I'll probably be back for work again, I'm sure, and if/when it happens, I'll be looking forward to it.

Last edited by vltsai; 05-24-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
The Orioles suck.
So do the Angels, so piss off!

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
A city i have always wanted to visit... Charm City Cakes would be awesome to stop by as well!

Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by vltsai
Thanks for letting me know about this thread! Sorry, I should have searched first. Then I would've known to eat at Pazo!

At any rate, I'll throw in a few recommendations since this is here (and I guess, in the process, bump this back to the top).

The Hotel Monaco was definitely a cool hotel with a very boutique feel. Cool rooms, just ask for a view if you can because there's definitely a few rooms with views of...walls. I asked for a view and got a pretty cool view of the city:

As far as dining goes:

Charleston: Pricey, but Chef Wolf definitely executes. You can go with a 3, 4, 5, or 6 course meal, and if you decide to go with some heavier dishes (ie Pan-Seared Foie Gras, Grilled Buffalo Tenderloin), you might want to stick with less dishes. I went with 5 and ended up wishing I had gone with a lot less. Fantastic food though.

Obrycki's: I was told this was one of the best places to get steamed crab. An associate and I got 12 large blue for $62, which was definitely plenty of food (although it's a good bit of work getting it out). Obrycki's uses their own blend of spices that comes off as very peppery but certainly doesn't hide the flavor of the crab. I was too full to try the crab cakes, but I've heard they're some of the best in the country, so if you're still hungry, give them a shot. Very good, grab a hammer and get crackin!

Piedigrotta: Cool, small Italian bakery that is owned and operated by the man who invented the Tiramisu. Everything is made in house, and given that it's a bit out of the way from the Inner Harbor and Little Italy, it doesn't get a lot of business - it's like a hidden gem. But if you have time on an afternoon (they seem to close at 6), make your way out and grab a cappuccino and Tiramisu. You won't regret it.

At any rate, an interesting city with lots of history and loads of character. While not the first place that comes to mind as far as tourism goes, it definitely has its quirks that makes it plenty of fun to visit. I'll probably be back for work again, I'm sure, and if/when it happens, I'll be looking forward to it.
Great post. Glad you liked the Monaco. I enjoyed it as well. Simple yet got the job done and was quiet. The places you went to eat look AWESOME and i will be most def going to them soon as Baltimore is close to my house. Does Charleston take reservations? You seem to know the chef there? Any info on getting a good table/reserv would be great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Baltimore MD