Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Bay Area Cafes

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AckM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bay Area Cafes

Following on from MTK's coffee genius thread, it'd be nice to get some more recommendations on bay area cafes. And yeah, I know it's probably been done on 6speed. BTW mods, if this belongs in the regional then feel free to move it. Thanks.

I'll start:

Coupa Cafe
538 Ramona St, Palo Alto

I love the Elephant Chai Latte and the Spicy Mayan Hot Chocolate. Almond croissant for breakfast and prosciutto panini for lunch. Good crepes, I had chocolate and walnut last time.

Cafe Borrone
1010 El Camino Real, Menlo Park

Vanilla latte (peep the three layers in the glass before you stir it up), ham and swiss for lunch, rhubarb pie. I'll walk here for lunch if I'm getting the a-mano up at Ducky's.

I'm going to try Barefoot Coffee Roasters over on Stevens Creek this week, I'll let you guys know.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Frisco is an unknown quantity at this point
I always used to like the coffee at Cafe Roma down in North Beach, but I haven't been there since I moved out of the city... I'll have to go check out your spots because lately I just go to Peets for coffee drinks and Fantasia for pearl drinks!!

Old 04-14-2008, 01:24 AM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
BEST Latte
BEST capuccino
Best Espresso

Caffè del Doge, Venezia, Caffetteria, Caffe, Torrefazione, Caffè del Doge, Caffè del Doge, Caffè del Doge

PALO ALTO - Ca
419 University Avenue
Palo Alto, California 94301
tel +1 650-323-3600

Old 04-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Frisco
Fantasia for pearl drinks!!
They have great taro balls (I get it with hot almond). Their cream puffs aren't bad either.

Okay, gonna try this out this week too, thanks MTK!

Old 04-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
MTK you rock, Cafe Del Doge is wicked! The baristas are a joy to watch and the coffee is out of this world. I went pretty late, I'll need to hit it up for breakfast and try some other stuff.

I took some crappy cellphone pics. Here's the entrance:

Cremino, a layer of vanilla with espresso and cream:

Giacometto, espresso with chocolate hazelnut:

Don't remember what it's called:

Three happy campers:

Old 04-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
those three drinks look like too much sugar for me. But I'll show some love for it looking good to taste though

Old 04-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
some people are convinced the Blue Bottle cafe in the new Mint Plaza (Union Sq) is some of the best coffee in the world, brewed w/ their $20k machine.

it was good but too smooth for me; i like some aciditiy. it was also $12/pop. and i had to wait for 30 minutes in a crowded room.

not for me.

- chuck

Old 04-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Emperor is an unknown quantity at this point
how the heck let you in here. admin, please ban this ghey from spreading his cafe love upon others. so this our new hand out spot buddy
due that coffee was good last night. you realize you are lorrie now taking pics everywhere.

Originally Posted by AckM3
Following on from MTK's coffee genius thread, it'd be nice to get some more recommendations on bay area cafes. And yeah, I know it's probably been done on 6speed. BTW mods, if this belongs in the regional then feel free to move it. Thanks.

I'll start:

Coupa Cafe
538 Ramona St, Palo Alto

I love the Elephant Chai Latte and the Spicy Mayan Hot Chocolate. Almond croissant for breakfast and prosciutto panini for lunch. Good crepes, I had chocolate and walnut last time.

Cafe Borrone
1010 El Camino Real, Menlo Park

Vanilla latte (peep the three layers in the glass before you stir it up), ham and swiss for lunch, rhubarb pie. I'll walk here for lunch if I'm getting the a-mano up at Ducky's.

I'm going to try Barefoot Coffee Roasters over on Stevens Creek this week, I'll let you guys know.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by drew935
those three drinks look like too much sugar for me.
Yeah. the bottom layer in my drink (first pic) is all syrup.

Originally Posted by carendt242
some people are convinced the Blue Bottle cafe
There was a writeup on it in the paper recently. I need to go just to see this 20K machine.

Originally Posted by Emperor
how the heck let you in here. admin, please ban this ghey from spreading his cafe love upon others. so this our new hand out spot buddy
Fuggin kunni, stop stalking me. We will have another mandate soon bro.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Emperor is an unknown quantity at this point
kuni kuni kuni dude that coffee was hecka good.

hey any other peeps here that we know. anferny, marco, others?

Fuggin kunni, stop stalking me. We will have another mandate soon bro.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Bay Area Cafes